Leads/facilitates HIM project teams accountable for assuring technical systems and business processes are integrated across FHS/FMG to facilitate the successful exchange of health information among providers and partners in accordance with all applicable regulations. Serves as “point person” and actively represents HIM on multi-department work teams assembled to review business practices/processes/systems enhancements to ensure HIM needs (legal medical record) are safeguarded. Assists with the build and deployment of systems that channel the flow of information across business lines/services for purposes of maintaining the legal medical record. Develops policies, procedures and guidelines for administrative, technical, and physical safeguards and coordinates the implementation of approved solutions organization-wide. Functions as the primary liaison with CHI IT on initiatives linked to identifying the most cost effective technologies for exchanging information with external stakeholders without compromising confidentiality rules or ad hoc privacy reports.
Incumbents are also accountable for maintaining technical, regulatory and business operations knowledge by seeking opportunities for professional growth and identifying opportunities for and participating in performance improvement activities.
Leads HIM project teams tasked with
investigating business practices and analyzes the flow of information across facilities to identify gaps requiring remediation.
Develops tools, including logical data models, to assist HIM project teams to capture important information to the organization and arrive at a common understanding of business data elements and requirements.
- Identifies affected business practices and effectively assesses organizational impact.
- Reengineers work processes and identifies methodologies to gain efficiencies.
- Implements methodologies that promote the remediation of gaps and mitigates risk.
- Directs and works in collaboration with team members to ensure that data management documents are created, including data flows and data-mapping documents.
- Leads project and sponsor team meetings to assess project progress, manage issue and plan activities aimed at keep projects on schedule.
Develops, or coordinates the development of, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, particularly those required to meet HIM operations such as: HIPAA, and Privacy standards.
- Validates the logical data model that facilitates business process improvement, and avoidance of data redundancy and business transaction inconsistency.
- Works closely with IT Integration Analyst staff to evaluate the content of the logical data model and make adjustments to achieve certain efficiencies.
- Ensures compatibility and consistency of approved solutions across FHS facilities and ITSC.
- Researches and interprets applicable regulatory standards and evaluates overall impact.
- Solicits stakeholder input and creates appropriate, demonstrative supporting documentation.
Bachelors’ degree in Health Information Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or other discipline related to the duties of the position, and five years of progressively responsible related work experience that demonstrates the attainment of the requisite job knowledge, skills and abilities, preferably in a healthcare setting.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Five years of progressively responsible related work experience that demonstrates the attainment of the requisite job knowledge, skills and abilities, preferably in a healthcare setting.
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
Current driver’s license valid in the state of
or other evidence of equivalent mobility.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
Health Information Management
WA-Tacoma-St Joseph Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 2 years ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...