MillerCoors is built upon a foundation of more than 288 years of brewing heritage. It is a legacy driven by our founders to brew the highest quality beers, and a commitment that continues today. Our vision is to create America's best beer company by driving profitable growth. And we insist on building our brands the right way through quality brewing, responsible marketing, and a commitment to sustainable development and community investments. We're building a true team of highly talented people. People who are passionate about the beer business, who love to win and have a desire to learn, and who always aim to amaze customers by doing the little things that make a big difference. |
Posting Job Description
Provides technical expertise and competencies to deliver systems solutions incorporating agreed/standard technologies and to attain industry leadership through innovation and optimization. Provide technical and operational support for implemented projects. Supports capital budgeting process for brewery systems infrastructure development.
Implements the Brewery Systems and Technology Strategy and ensures alignment and supports the brewery’s and the MillerCoors Operations strategy. Provides support to brewery systems and technology projects to deliver defined business case outcomes (value, budget and schedule). Ensures that problems and issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner aligned to agreed service level agreements.
Develops and implements systems strategy
- Develops the formulation of a Brewery Operations Manufacturing Information systems strategy in alignment with corporate systems strategy to ensure the proactive development of systems to address evolving business needs and ensure that systems add value to the brewery and supply chain.
- Provides financial planning and control for technology infrastructure
Supports project management
- Manages system projects in the Brewery by ensuring that projects are completed according to Corporate / Brewery requirements and standards.
Provides brewery support
- Contributes as a member of the brewery leadership team by providing input towards the realization of current and future business objectives.
- Applies knowledge of the business, world-class manufacturing, brewing and packaging to manufacturing systems requirements and solutions.
- Communicates with brewery operations and brewery leadership teams through the implementation of the brewery systems strategy
- Develop solid relationships and contracts for local service providers
- Leads change management and develops and ensures effectiveness of change control procedures
- Ensures ongoing proactive communication to the brewery regarding the impact of systems on the operation using brewery communication mechanisms.
- Communicates effectively when systems changes or enhancements are made.
- Ensures that a change control procedure is adhered to so that the likelihood of disruption, unauthorized alterations and errors is minimized.
- Audits and reviews brewery systems procedures to ensure they remain relevant and are effective.
- Identifies new opportunities and ensure systems are fully leveraged.
Ensures effective management and resolution for problems and incidents
- Ensures that all users understand the process for the handling of Incidents / Requests for service.
- Addresses escalated issues in an effective and in a timely manner.
- Ensures that problems are effectively resolved and that user needs and requirements are addressed
- Ensures escalation occurs to the relevant senior management in the event of an incident or failure
- Utilizes advanced problem solving techniques to ensure speedy resolution.
- Ensures learning’s are documented and communicated and that corrective action / monitoring occur to prevent recurrences.
Education level and/or experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer, Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Advanced degree or MBA a plus
- Process, Utility and Packaging design experience in the beverage or food related industry is preferred
- Management of a team of technical staff
- At least 10 years of practical experience in leading manufacturing systems and participating in the design activities associated with developing, designing and implementing manufacturing systems capital projects
- Advanced technical and practical application experience is required
Skills and/or knowledge
- Advanced knowledge in manufacturing systems design and management, automation and information systems strategy development, manufacturing systems support, change management, project management, and problem solving
- Demonstrate ability to teach and mentor others
- Advanced abilities in design and implementation of complex manufacturing systems capital projects
- Experience in leading change and managing projects from conception through implementation
- Ability to lead team efforts with both internal and external resources
- General knowledge and acquired know-how in:
- Automation control systems
- Brewing, Packaging, Utilities, Warehousing and distribution
- Facility planning and design
- Safety, Health and Environmental
- Preparing both operating and capital projects
- Negotiation and conflict management skills dealing with divergent opinions within the department, functional support groups, other divisions or outside vendors and contractors for the purpose of successful implementation of project objectives, brewery goals and systems objectives
- Interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills to deal effectively with contractors, suppliers, vendors, peers, team members, superiors, consultants and other professionals
- Judgment skills to balance company, division and department goals and objectives
- A solid understanding of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) principles
- Motivational and Positive leadership abilities in successfully leading project teams
MillerCoors - 2 years ago
MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put aside their...