Under general supervision, but following existing policies and procedures as well as all applicable banking laws and regulations, including BSA and AML, is responsible for assisting assigned loan officer(s) in all phases of processing and servicing of commercial loans. Handles routine customer questions and inquiries not requiring loan officer intervention, prepares correspondence, answers incoming telephone calls, faxes, and emails. This position requires significant knowledge and experience in the area of responsibility and requires the ability to assist management by handling special credit related programs and/or other functions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assists the assigned loan officer(s) in obtaining all reports and information necessary to prepare loan documents for any type of commercial loan closing. This includes, but not limited to, completing the commercial loan checklist, ordering and reviewing title commitments, ordering appraisals, environmental reports, credit reports, flood reports, coordinating survey information, performing and reviewing UCC lien searches, and obtaining entity documents. (40% - E)
2. Assists the officer(s) in coordinating the loan review and closing process with Loan Administration. This includes ensuring accuracy on the checklist, prompt communication with Loan Administration during the review process, correct organization of the loan file, coordinating funding between Loan Administration and the title company. (20% - E)
3. Monitors and removes any technical exceptions by corresponding with the title companies, county clerks, loan officer(s), customers, etc. (15% - E)
4. Responds to inquiries regarding commercial loans and assists the loan officer(s) in collection of past due loans. Prepares ticket entries by request as received from customers to draw funds from existing loans or any other transaction requests from officers and/or customers. (10% -E)
5. Completes a wide variety of word processing and spreadsheet tasks including loan correspondence, internal memorandums, internal reports, forms, and tables. Prepares correspondence and reports as needed from loan officer(s), assisting officer and/or customers by answering phone, faxing or emailing. Assists with maintaining commercial record keeping and filing systems. Classifies, sorts, and sends all applicable loan records and other documents to Loan Servicing or as directed. (10% -E)
6. All other special projects, reports and duties as assigned. (5% - M)
Minimum Education & Other Requirements
Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively perform the essential functions of this position. A minimum of one year experience as a Commercial Loan Assistant I and/or significant relevant job experience is required. Must have excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills and communicate effectively both orally and written. A general understanding of accounting principles necessary. A high school equivalency is mandatory.
Great Southern Bank - 22 months ago
In 1923, Great Southern Bank was started with a $5,000 investment and has since grown to the company it is today. Our footprint spans six...