The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission is seeking a Chief Internal Auditor to oversee the internal audit activities of the Commission and manage a staff of three professionals and one administrative support. Work is independently performed with audit program oversight by the Commission's Audit Committee. The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and excellent oral and written communication skills. This position will report to the Commission Chair and Vice Chair.
Examples of Important Duties:
- Plans, directs and conducts internal audits to ensure that all Commission departments operate effectively.
- Ensures the reliability of financial reporting for compliance with policies and external laws and regulations.
- Directs investigations of alleged fraud, waste and abuse.
1. Master's degree in business administration, public administration, auditing, or related
subjects, and six years of experience in internal auditing/auditing, that includes two
years of lead or supervisory experience; or
2. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Certified Internal Auditor Certificate or Certified Public Accountant License.
Certified Fraud Examiner with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is desired.
Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -