Responsible for overseeing the planning, coordination and implementation of services at all Goodwill Workforce Connection Centers. Will serve in a lead role assisting the Workforce Connection Center Specialist in developing, implementing and maintaining systems for providing support to participants at each of the centers.
1. Hire new Workforce Connections Specialists in coordination with the Vice President of Human Services. Train, evaluate and supervise assigned employees. This includes mentoring and training new Workforce Connection Specialists.
2. Assist in the planning, development and launch of new Workforce Connection Center sites.
3. Assist in the development and monitoring of Workforce Connection Centers (WCC) services, procedures and processes. Maintain and update procedures and manuals.
4. Communicate regularly with internal and external customers to establish working relationships and to assist in meeting the operational needs of the center(s). Work closely with the Director of Vocational Services to plan and coordinate activities between the two areas.
5. Recruit and maintain successful relationships with local employers in order to achieve on site recruitment goals and objectives.
6. Coordinate activities and establish solid working relationships with local resource agencies utilized by Goodwill’s Workforce Connection Centers.
7. Assist in the development of curriculum and or resources that respond to the specific needs of participants seeking WCC services.
8. Work with staff to provide excellent customer service to all service providers, business leaders, customers, Goodwill staff members, guests, and participants.
9. Work with staff to monitor and ensure accurate record keeping regarding WCC functions. This includes auditing Computerized Record System (CRS) entries and reviewing WCC objectives.
10. Work with the community to identify and ensure appropriate referrals are made to the Goodwill Workforce Connection Center.
11. Provide day to day coverage as needed in the absence of Workforce Connection Coordinators.
12. Monitor and assist WCC staff to maintain accurate records in the CRS system.
13. Maintain a professional level of confidentiality in all work-related activities.
14. Establish written goals, objectives, work plans, processes and procedures for assigned activities.
15. Maintain a safe and orderly work environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Human Service related field is preferred.
A minimum of five years successful work experience in Workforce Development or Human Services. Job Center experience is preferred.
A valid driver's license is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Goodwill Industries - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Goodwill Industries International is a network of 215 local, autonomous member organizations in the United States, Canada, and 24 other...