Job Duties: Blue Coat is seeking a senior software engineer passionate in the design, development and testing of a Linux appliance platform. You will be using state of the art technology to deliver the next generation appliance platform to our product teams.
Job Requirements: We are looking for someone with:
Experience with Linux system administration, PXE boot, Anaconda, RPMs, Koji Linux customization
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience performing Linux appliance platform development – Packaging, Configuration, Licensing, authentication, serviceability, Upgrade and change management.
- Proficient in C/C++ and scripting languages (Perl, bsh, and Python) required.
- Experience with Make, Ant, Source code revision control systems (perforce, CVS, GIT etc)
- Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS/RHEL) performance monitoring, Security patches.
- Passion for building high quality software, advanced object oriented design and debugging skills
- Must be a team player, able to interface with product, manufacturing and support teams.
- Nice to have:
Experience with Apache Tomcat, httpd, RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
Agile practices and unit testing