The Senior Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for managing large and complex voice and data infrastructure projects in the Washington DC Metro. The ideal candidate will have previous project management experience of at least 8 years and have a thorough working knowledge of reading RFP'S, blueprints, specifications, contractual language and project scheduling (Microsoft Project) and system documentation. The Senior PM should be familiar with Microsoft Access, Internet, P&L tracking reports, and has the ability to estimate scheduling of material and man-hours. The Senior PM will also report, coordinate and supervises all aspects of a project as directed by internal and external customers. In addition, the Senior PM will assist project managers and site supervisors in identifying and managing changes to the scope of work and documenting change orders. The Senior PM must be proficient in communicating in both verbal and written form to field personnel as well as clients. The Senior PM should be able to effectively develop a detailed (SOW) statement of work, and estimates.
Major Job Elements
- Assists the operations department in meeting project completion schedules and labor and material cost budgets as directed. This may be a duty of multiple projects at one time due to size and duration
- Responsible for managing multiple Project managers or site supervisors on different projects.
- Initiates disciplinary action for those employees working under him.
- Proficient at identifying and initiating work-around procedures and working with project managers and supervisors to assist in maintaining crew productivity during delays caused by other trades, customer, lack of materials, absenteeism, etc in conjunction with the project schedule as given to.
- Ability to effectively manage a project of at least 25 craft personnel with little or no direction from the operations department.
- An excellent communicator able interface regularly with Customer, Architect, Construction manager, General Contractor on contractual, financial, cost accounting, scheduling, technical, and other areas related to the projects under his or her responsibility.
- Responsible for the development of detailed status reports containing financial results, physical progress, productivity schedule and other issues, changes in scope etc. for projects under his/her responsibility.
- Responsible for contract agreements and negotiations with potential subcontractors or minority vendors.
- Constantly monitors projects for P&L margins to meet or exceed estimates
- Directs multiple Project managers or site supervisors in realizing changes to the scope of work, and the documentation and approval of the change orders. Reports, coordinates and supervises all aspects of a project.
- Experienced in designing structured cabling solutions and creating bottom-up cabling estimates and bills of materials
- Develop written scopes of work (install package) and reviewing install packages prepared by subordinates
- Exhibits a superior ability to work independently performing site surveys for estimates, proposal preparation, or quality assurance. Provides documentation, reports, and information to operations as directed.
- Initiates and monitors installation standards, and technical and supervisory training (OJT) sessions for other Technicians and junior crewmembers.
- Perform QA inspections and Safety Coaching Observations (SCOs) in conjunction with job site visits
- The ability to grow new opportunities into a successful account through established guidelines
- Work with team members to develop their technical skills
Henkels & McCoy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- College Degree in business or Engineering discipline preferred.
- 10 years or more of related experience with voice and data infrastructure preferred
- Minimum 8 years experience with Project Management preferred
- Industry related certifications such as PM / PMI certification, RCDD certification, HR, Personnel management, cost accounting, finance, scheduling, construction management preferred
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. (H&M) is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications,...