Overview Genie Industries, is a $2 billion (revenue) division of Terex Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and the 3rd largest heavy construction equipment manufacturer. Genie Industries is a leading manufacturer of lifting equipment. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made Genie a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms.
Genie, is based in the suburbs of Seattle, WA, has approximately 4500 team members spread throughout the globe, though Redmond, WA is the primary location, with 3000+ team members spread across the corporate campus.
Responsibilities The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is responsible for leading the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Genie Quality System. The QA Manager will be an active participant on a quality council which will guide the company through the development and implementation of a comprehensive quality system. The primary charge for this position is to help identify priorities for QA improvements, establishment of metrics, lead the development of required standards, implementation of standards and assistance in determining best practices for the company. The QA Manager will be responsible for managing teams, communication of the QA plans, and training local management. This position will work closely with plant management to incorporate the quality standards and systems within a Lean Manufacturing environment. Qualifications Bachelors degree or higher in a technical field.
- 5 or more years of management experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Willingness to work at all levels of the organization to include office and shop-floor activities
- Exceptional communication skills. Additionally, candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with customers about quality issues and initiatives
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience leading cross functional teams
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) approximately 10% of the year
Terex - 19 months ago
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...