The position is responsible for the training of newly hired coders and cross training of coding staff following the corporate guideline for standardized coder training. The trainer is used as a resource for coding questions and fills in as a coder as required by volumes. This position also assists in the monitoring coding quality to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and to ensure data base validity.
- Three years experience with ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding systems in an acute care setting.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification.
- Formal training or education in anatomy and physiology or demonstrated proficiency.
- Demonstrated proficiency in pathophysiology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PPS methodology for inpatient and/or outpatient encounters.
- Experience in general computer skills and knowledge.
- Experience in providing effective written and verbal communications.
- Experience coordinating multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Hearing / Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
- RHIT or RHIA (in addition to CCS).
- Demonstrated raining experience.
- Demonstrated auditing experience.
- Experience with 3M/HIS coding and abstracting systems.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...