Job ID: 20130803-6895
Scottrade, Inc. has a Senior Storage Engineer position available in Saint Louis, MO. The main purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise in support of all business and IT sponsored projects. This includes the configuration, management, and support of all Storage Area Network (SAN)/Network Attached Storage (NAS)/Content Addressable Storage (CAS)/Backup and Recovery related hardware and software.
* Provide technical support for SAN/NAS/CAS/Backup and Recovery hardware and software.
* Provide technical expertise and perform tasks for all infrastructure projects including business continuity and disaster recovery .
* Provide 24x7 support of the SAN/NAS/CAS/Backup and Recovery infrastructure environments.
* Work closely with business and IT associates, as well as outside vendors, to effectively plan, deploy, and maintain the Storage Environment.
* Provide leadership and mentoring to other engineers and analysts in the department.
* Assist in capacity planning.
* Thoroughly document SAN/NAS/CAS/Backup and Recovery policies and standard operating procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, OneNote and Outlook.
* Intermediate proficiency with SQL and oracle databases.
* Intermediate level proficiency with Visio technical writing tool.
* Intermediate level proficiency with TCP/IP.
* Intermediate proficiency with Windows NT and Linux (RedHat, SUSE, Debian) servers and operating systems.
* Intermediate proficiency with Brocade/Cisco Fiber Channel Switches.
* Intermediate proficiency with LAN/WAN network components and administration.
* Project management and documentation skills with great attention to detail.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* 4 - 5 years of technical experience in current enterprise level SAN/NAS/CAS/Backup and Recovery Storage design, configuration, capacity management, troubleshooting, and support (HDS VSP, Hitachi AMS, NetApp, EMC Symmetrix, Clarion CX Series Arrays, HCP, Centera, and Data Domain hardware) required.
* 4 - 5 years experience supporting/implementing backup software/hardware devices (Symantec/Data Domain) required.
* 4 - 5 years working with SAN connectivity devices (Fiber Channel Technology, Cisco, McData and/or Brocade Switches) required.
* 4 - 5 years experience implementing Disaster Recover and High-Availability solutions using HUR (Hitachi Universal Replicator) and/or EMC SRDF (Symmetrix Remote Data Facility) preferred.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
Languages English – Spoken, English – Written
Location MO - St Louis
Scottrade - 12 months ago