Product Innovation Team at athenahealth
You're the kind of person who loves to own dynamic, important work, and have always excelled at whatever it is you do. You find it difficult to turn down a good challenge and have secretly developed theories of how to fix problems and finally get the world to work right. You’re driven and perfectly comfortable with technology. You communicate well and find real satisfaction working in a collaborative environment.
Healthcare may not be your area of expertise, but you know that it's badly broken and you’re passionate about fixing it. If that’s the case, then athenahealth is the place for you. You’ll be joining a team of smart and accomplished professionals who share a passion for improving healthcare. The working environment is friendly and open. Excellence is rewarded-- how far you go is really up to you.
What is Product Innovation at athenahealth?
Team Charter: Driving the design & delivery of strategic business solutions through aligning vision, technology, and process.
As a member of the Product Innovation Team, you will be responsible for leading business process design and re-engineering athenahealth's product offerings and internal service operations. Your efforts will help athena build a national information infrastructure that enables health care to work as it should. You will facilitate athena’s increased growth in the healthcare marketplace, create a scalable service operation, and provide functionality to our practice users that enables them to be better medical care givers. Your results will apply the best of technology, standardization, and aggregation to healthcare processes that have resisted modernization far too long. To succeed, you will need to be a strong analytical problem solver and communicator who thrives on interpersonal challenge. You will be the bridge between the business stakeholders and software developers, and will need to feel equally at home communicating with both.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
We are hiring at all levels! Qualifications:
- Lead and provide expertise on complex, technical projects from concept through analysis, design and execution
- Manage relationships successfully across technology and business stakeholders
- Rapidly learn current processes and constraints to develop vision for optimal business processes
- Data-driven analysis and prioritization of complex tradeoffs
- Achieve radical, measurable performance improvements
Basis for Evaluation
- Proven track record of measureable business results
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree welcome
- Leadership with the ability to influence
- Willing and excited to work in a fast-paced, but sometimes intense, rapidly expanding company
- Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity, dedication and an open mind
- Demonstrated ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for various projects
- Success at innovating in a fast paced, very dynamic environment
- Ability to work collaboratively to get results
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Work experience with a proven record of translating business and/or client needs into user requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with diverse audiences
- Experience with at least one software development life-cycle and associated processes
Employees are evaluated as much on the performance of the team as the individual’s performance on discrete assignments and metrics. S/He will receive an annual appraisal, including a 360 degree assessment, to review demonstrated level of foundational and job-specific competencies and achievement against job-specific business goals.
- Ability to understand client perspectives, as well as work effectively with client-facing organizations
- Exceptionally strong analytic capabilities and the ability to use data to ‘hone in’ and determine the highest-value projects to pursue
- Expertise and comfort in document creation, training and rollout support of application and process changes
- Knowledge of different process innovation methodologies and their practical application.
- 2 years ago - save job