The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the Nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our SC National Guard Team and serve your nation, SC and your community!
SOUTH CAROLINA AIR NATIONAL GUARD
THIS POSITION IS RESTRICTED TO CURRENT MEMBERS WITH THE SC AIR NATIONAL GUARD
THIS POSITION MAYBE CONVERTED TO A PERMANENT POSITION WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION
Location: 169 AMXS, SC
National Guard Membership is Required :
This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the South Carolina Air
National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Application materials must be received by the closing date. Failure to provide complete information may result in your not receiving consideration for this position.
Please refer to the Qualifications and Evaluations Section of this Announcement to understand the qualification requirements, and the How to Apply Section for detailed instruction on applying. If you are applying with a resume created outside of USA Jobs Resume Builder, follow this link to access the Online Questionnaire. Otherwise apply using the APPLY ONLINE button at the right of this page to use the RESUME BUILDER resume.
Meet minimum physical and screening requirements
Meet minimum aptitude requirements for the compatible AFSC
Attain/Maintain the Security Clearance and NACLC
Participate in the Direct Deposit Program
Back to top
This position is located within ANG Aviation Wing (F-16), Aircraft Maintenance Group, Aircraft Maintenance Sq/FLT, Avionics Flight line element or a similar F-16 aircraft maintenance activity where the incumbent of this position works in an Avionics Flight Line organization. The primary purpose of this position is to install, modify, overhaul, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, align, calibrate, and rebuild multi-system complexes which consist of several complete integrated electronic avionics systems, where the multi system complex accomplishes a number of major functions.
Back to top
Experience or training which demonstrates the applicants knowledge of electronic theories and practices to identify, isolate and repair malfunctions in one or more complex integrated systems where knowledge of the entire system is necessary to intepret error data and trace back through a number of units of the system to locate deficiencies
Meeting the months of experience requirement will not by itself be accepted as proof of qualification. Quality, type, and scope of experience, training or education must be demonstrated to show that the applicant is fully qualified to perform duties at the grade level announced.
You MUST have 36 months experience in EACH of the following KSAs:
1. Experience in utilizing principles, basic functions and application of theory of electronics to one or more complex integrated systems.
2. Experience in which required one to solve varied arithmetic problems, including computation of unstated values of drawings, requiring trignometry and algebra.
3. Experience that reeguires the understanding effects of malfunctions throughout interrelated units, such as, trace an apparent operating error in hydraulic controls of a gun mount back to the actual failure of a tactical computer to integrate yaw, pitch azimuth, and velocity inputs.
4. Experience in diagnosing and determining needed repairs for malfunctions in electronic systems where the knowledge of the entire system is necessary to interpret error data and trace back through a number of units of system to locate deficiencies.
5. Experience which required incumbent to interpret and apply drawings, schematics, and diagrams for integrated electronic systems.
6. Experience which required the use of hand tools, precision measuring and calibrating equipment.
7. Experience which required the use of highly complex testing equipment such as multivoltmeters, frequency meters, oscilloscopes, dial indicators, micrometers, etc.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Study successfully completed in a college, university, technical or vocational school may be substituted for experience at the rate of one year of study (30 semester hours or 20 classroom hours of instruction per week) for 6 months of experience.
Courses must be directly related to the work of the position.
Employees selected for full-time positions that require mandatory training at the National Guard Professional Education Center (NGPEC) will have 12 months from the date of hire to complete the required course(s). Failure to complete NGB prescribed courses at NGPEC for new personnel within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment or termination.
Enlisted Cash Bonuses: Acceptance of a technician position may affect any bonus and/or educational assistance that may be applicable. Your bonus may be terminated and repayment may be required.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the interst of the Government.
For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
Employees selected for positions that require Information Assurance (IA) Training and Certification will have 6 months from the date of hire to satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/recertification for the position as outlined in DoD Publication 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, dated 19 December 2005 (incorporating Change 1, 15 May 2008). Failure to complete the training and certification may be cause for reassignment or termination.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the Online Questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire, resume and supporting documents.
If, after reviewing your responses to the questionnaire, your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Back to top
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main New Employee Website -
Flexible Spending Accounts -
The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit:
Health Insurance -
The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit:
Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit:
Life Insurance -
The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit:
Long Term Care Insurance -
The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit:
Retirement Program -
Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit:
If you are a male applicant
who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. The South Carolina National Guard is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Soldiers and Airmen will not be assessed, classified, trained, promoted, or otherwise managed on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, reprisal, or non-qualifying handicap. Discrimination due to age or disability are prohibited where not a factor of employment due to military nature of the position. 29 CFR Part 1614. Discrimination due to gender is prohibited except as the direct combat probability coding policy applies to women.
3. Veteran Preference: Under PL 90-486, Veteran Preference is not applicable to the National Guard.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
The Application Process
for this position, you MUST provide BOTH of the following parts:
1. Your responses to the Online Questionnaire, and
2. Your Resume and any other supporting documents.
The Application Manager is used for convenience and quickest processing. Track your progress to a Complete Application Package using the MY Application Packages checklist and status displays in Application Manager. Your application package status must be complete by the closing date.
Here is a link for aiding you in building your resume and some application tips:
, choose one of the following options:
If your resume is going to come
the USAJOBs Resume Builder, you begin the process by clicking the
button near the bottom of this page. Your resume will be attached only to the Online Questionnaire you Complete and Submit
from this session, not to any Questionnaires you may already have Saved or Submitted.
If your resume is going to be one your prepared
of USAJOBS Resume Builder, click this link to begin the process:
Tips for using the Online Questionnaire:
You must click both Finish and Submit when you are done. Your Online Questionnaire is not processed and your resume is not attached until you click the Submit button, even if USAJOBS says it sent your resume.
You can upload supporting documents after you Submit the Online Questionnaire.
You must complete the entire process by the closing date.
To make sure everything you submitted is successfully received, follow these steps:
1. Go to
and log in using the box on the right hand side of the page.
2. Click the radio button for this Vacancy Identification Number: 12-091
Click Select a Vacancy
3. Verify that all of your documents appear on the table with a status of
You can save your work and come back later. Just click both
When you want to return, go to the Application Manager link and log in using the box on the right hand side of the page.
If you Submit more than one Online Questionnaire for this position, the most recent one Submitted is the one that is used. Therefore, it is important for you to complete it in its entirety.
Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USAJOBS.
1. Current Resume (Be sure to list your duties and responsibilities as they relate to the qualifying experience as listed on the announcement).
2. The Online Questionaire.
3. Transcript (If using education to substitute for experience, you MUST submit a transcript).
4. Military Resume (Optional) Be sure to explain duties of MOS held.
5. Miscellaneous (Optional).
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR RESUME CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING:
1. Your full name, address, phone, birthdate, email address, and at least your last four digits of your SSN.
2. Details about the experience that relates to the position you are applying for.
3. Be sure to include your applicable military experience.
4. Provide the Month and Year for the Dates of your experience.
Note: Here is a link for aiding you in building your resume and some application tips:
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Lonnie M. Griffin
South Carolina National Guard
The Adjutant General - SC
1 National Guard Road
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...