We are seeking Military Apprentices who are working towards transitioning their careers into the civilian sector. Our program accepts applications from military service men and women from all branches of the military. The program is designed to immerse an apprentice into a position for six months where they will be able to contribute to their role and learn many aspects of running our business. The 2013 military apprenticeship positions are paid $20.00/hour and provided with some travel privileges.
- Apprentice will review how Material Planning is performed at Alaska and work with the team to come up with common "best" practices and then develop/refine the department handbook procedures
- Streamline a process to clear over-due orders on Procurement and Repairs
- Heavy Maintenance Parts process and storage of stock parts
- Validating the fixed asset registry
- Create and maintain Electronic storage of Mig 103s from our file cabinets
- Creating a Stock Reduction plan for surplus parts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- Experience in Materiel Planning is preferred
- Familiarization with Inventory Control, Purchasing, Stores and Accounting procedures is a preferred
- A working knowledge of materiel forecasting tools is preferred
- Able to effectively communicate both written and orally is required
- Proficient in Word, Excel and general computer aptitude is required
- Apprenticeship positions are open to candidates with military experience
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air - 2 years ago
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....