Join STG, Inc. and watch your career soar! Be part of a diverse team of men and women who solve the most challenging problems today.
STG has an immediate opening for a Linux/Unix Systems Administrator at Adelphi, MD for the Army Research Lab.
The Linux Administrator will perform and determine root-cause analysis, document system build procedures, and process work-flows related to end user support and system administration. Other duties include:
- Support existing internal IT infrastructure.
- Configure new hardware installations on Unix workstations, servers, storage appliances, tape backup system, and networking devices.
- Provide technical direction and mentors existing staff.
- Collaborate with technical teams and management to ensure high system availability to users.
- Active Secret clearance with Dept. of Defense or ability to obtain an interim secret prior to date of hire
- BS in an IT field and 2 years of Linux experience, or 5 years of Linux/Unix experience in lieu of degree.
- Security certification (Security+ or GSEC) required at date of hire.
- Computing Environment Certification (Red Hat Linux, Linux +, or Solaris) Desired.
- Demonstrated experience with setup and configuration of Linux computers.
- Demonstrated experience as a mid-level Unix/Linux administrator.
- Must be able to setup, assist, and troubleshoot UNIX/Linux workstation problems.
- Excellent communication skills to work with multiple teams and end users.
- Must be able to work well with others and be able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Good understanding of networking concepts and infrastructure.
STG, Inc. - 14 months ago
Performance-Oriented Solutions Around the Globe
In a world where change happens in the blink of an eye, it is more important than ever that...