Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Full-time / Part-time
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Tier II - No Credit Check
Target Start Date
Jan 7, 2013
Want to do something vitally important with your career? At the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (the Bank), we have a suggestion: Join us in making a direct, positive impact on America's economy. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and advance your career, and work-life balance is a St. Louis Fed commitment.
Federal Reserve Economic Data Coordinator
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is recognized as one of the leading providers of publicly available statistical data in the world. A major goal of the Research Division is to enhance this reputation by improving the quality and quantity of data and integrating those data with the many information products offered from the St. Louis Fed. These data must be accurate and provided in forms that are convenient, standardized, and customizable. Users of FRED
may be Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis employees, research economists, economic historians, students, business analyst and those interested in economic information throughout the world.
The Data Desk Coordinator supervises the employees of the Data Desk is responsible for the ongoing development of data in the Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) system (
). FRED is an international, national, and regional economic time series database that allows users to download, graph, and track over 61,000 data series from 48 sources. FRED provides users with access to current and vintage data for economic time series through several websites and applications on multiple platforms. While overseeing the day to day operations, the primary focus of this position is to guide the evolution of FRED. The Data Desk assists in the publication of International Economic Trends (IET), Monetary Trends (MT), National Economic Trends (NET) and United States Financial Data (USFD), the data pages of the Regional Economist, and the Report on Economic Activity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
o Writing code to import data from external sources into FRED
- Select, train, evaluate, and develop Data Desk staff
- Supervise Data Desk staff in their primary work:
o Maintenance of code and quality control data for FRED
o Preparation of data publications, Board Report, and data pages of the Regional Economist
Qualifications and Skills
- Collaborate with web developers to improve FRED website and FRED tools
- Collaborate with Economic Education and external sources to support educational uses of FRED
- Select, prioritize, and oversee the addition of new time series to FRED
- Give presentations on the use and value of FRED to a variety of audiences
- Negotiate licenses or contracts with data vendors for the use of their data in FRED
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, computer science or equivalent related work experience and education required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Two years of related work experience required.
- One or more years supervisory experience required.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Understanding of economic concepts and use of data
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and execute successful collaborative projects
- Ability to create engaging presentations and training for internal and professional groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programming, computational software, and relational databases. Prefer knowledge of SAS, VBA, Windows Batch Scripting, SSH, Wget/cURL, and/or PHP.
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
With branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis, the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis serves the Eighth Federal Reserve District,...