Inspire is seeking a talented infrastructure engineering specialist based in the Washington, DC / Northern Virginia area to join our team.
We're looking for someone with extensive, hands-on Web infrastructure implementation and management experience for this unique position. Responsibilities include:
This position also includes opportunities to contribute to the development of the Inspire Web platform in an engineering capacity.
- Managing our networks (design, configuration, security)
- Hardware needs assessment, purchasing and deployment
- Hardware configuration, management and monitoring
- Planning for the growth of all aspects of our infrastructure
Skills & Requirements
- Proven track record implementing and managing infrastructure for a company like ours
- Configuration, deployment and management of Linux servers, preferably Debian
- Network management -- design, implementation, operation, security
- Firewall design and management
- Intrusion detection systems
- Virtual machine technology, preferably Xen
- Fault tolerant architectures, including RAID, replication and failover
- In-depth knowledge of hardware ranging from networking to servers
- Automated server management and monitoring systems
- Experience with hosting facilities
- Enterprise backup systems
- Database administration (preferably MySQL)
Our online communities, created in partnership more than 80 of the most respected national healthcare non-profits, help over 300,000 patients and caregivers find support when faced with serious medical conditions. If you want to be part of a team that helps people in a direct and tangible way, we want to meet you.
joelonsoftware - 2 years ago
Recognized as the leader in visual thinking and learning, Inspiration Software, Inc.'s award-winning software tools, Inspiration,...