Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service, and our growth is accelerating. As we grow internationally, we are continually upgrading our cloud-based technology infrastructure to help us scale and move even faster. Using cloud-based technology is powering our explosive growth while presenting new challenges to build a reliable service with ephemeral commodity hardware. At Netflix, we are pushing the limits of these technologies every day.
As a member of t he Cloud Solutions team, you will build the tools and infrastructure to support the company’s operations in the cloud. You are an expert in distributed, highly concurrent, web-scale systems that are fault-tolerant and run 24x7 with unparalleled availability. You are a rockstar engineer and you thrive on building tools that every team uses and depends on every day. Check out some of the software we’re writing at http://github.netflix.com and http://techblog.netflix.com
You possess these qualities:
You have these skills:
- You see the big picture delivering a 24x7 service
- You are effective working with multiple teams
- You have high standards in everything you do
- You can balance multiple tasks
You may even have these skills:
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in server-side Java development, including web-based applications
- Understanding of usability issues in a web application
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with Groovy and Grails
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud computing environment
- Fluent in Linux: CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu
Netflix - 18 months ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...