Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Sports Information Director.
Post University Athletics is seeking a full time Assistant Sports Information Director. Post University is a NCAA Division II institution and a member of the CACC Conference. The candidate should possess strong writing skills and the ability to learn new processes and be strong in statcrew software. The candidate must work all Post University home games and must have an understanding of the rules of all 17 sports that Post offers. This position will entail keeping statistics according to NCAA rules and inputting data into Statcrew. The candidate will also handle the Collegiate Sprint Football Program which includes extensive weekend travel during the season. As the Director the Candidate will be in charge of the athletic website, the publicizing of every team, manage live stats and video streaming, and writing all press releases. The candidate must have strong social media skills and be able to manage the Eagle Athletics media accounts as well as the ability to establish relationships with the local media.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
As a member of our Post University team, the individual will share in a 120-year tradition of helping people achieve their personal and professional goals. Located in Waterbury, Connecticut, Post University has a vibrant campus and an excellent online program. The University offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a focus on journalism or sports management.
- Knowledge of sport rules and statistics are recommended.
- Professional demeanor and dress is essential to role.
- Coordinate with local media and opposing teams to promote games
- Write and distribute press releases in the associated press format
- Manage Sports Information office, including Assistant SID and game night staff
- Take part in the marketing and promotion of collegiate team’s successes
- Prepare game notes, game programs, take team photos and video stream games
- Run and develop the online photo shop for athletics
- Knowledge of video streaming hardware and software necessary
- Manage all social media channels associated with the athletic department, including Twitter and YouTube
- Research hometown newspapers and interact with media outlets; increase hometown coverage
- Sit at and manage the Official Scorer’s Table during home contests
- Operate Statcrew software and other statistical programs used by the NCAA
- Update the athletics webpage as directed
- Conduct research relating Post University’s athletic programs and track statistics on web traffic
- Oversee student interns in conjunction with the undergraduate sport management program
- Other duties assigned by the Athletic Director
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume, and three references to Post University Human Resources by applying at: www.post.edu/career-opportunities.shtml
Disclaimer: This opportunity may be withdrawn and/or amended.
POST UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Post University - 18 months ago
At Post University, our employees are advocates for people who have chosen to improve their lives through education. We are champions for...