The SOX Compliance Manager is a key member of Juniper Networks’ project management office (PMO) responsible for managing the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts. This position has high visibility within the company’s Finance organization. The individual will utilize knowledge of financial processes, financial reporting risk, and internal controls as well as project management skills to design, evaluate, and monitor the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting. The successful candidate will possess the ability to function independently, apply professional judgment, interface with all levels of management, and communicate complex matters clearly and succinctly.
Juniper’s SOX program is managed by the SOX PMO based at Corporate offices in Sunnyvale, California. The Company’s Internal Audit department assists with the required testing of internal controls, thus testing of controls is not a responsibility of the role. This position will report to the Director SOX Compliance and support the world-wide activities of the SOX PMO.
As the SOX program operates on an annual cycle, the nature of activities varies throughout the fiscal year. Responsibilities for this position include:
This SOX Compliance Analyst will work closely with the finance process owners across geographies and the global Internal Audit team. The ability to understand complex issues, identify key elements, and communicate both verbally and written in straight-forward terms is critical.
- Evaluate key risks in financial processes and propose changes in control design to address risks efficiently
- Lead annual SOX risk assessment for the financial statements and disclosures
- Advise finance process owners on process & control design during process changes
- Consult on internal control considerations during SAP implementation underway
- Drive implementation of control tools such as segregation of duties monitoring
- Evaluate reliance and risks for financial applications and provide recommendation for inclusion in SOX compliance
- Partner with internal auditors to monitor progress and to provide input on audit observations
- Interface with external auditors to review compliance results and to facilitate the external auditor’s own assessment of internal controls over financial reporting
- Monitor and advise process owners on action plans for remediation of deficient controls
- Prepare written evaluations of deficiencies in operation or design of internal controls
- Prepare SOX compliance reports for process owners
- Prepare periodic SOX compliance presentations for the SOX Governance Committee, Executive Management, and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Knowledge of financial internal control theory and application
- Knowledge of ERP system-based control design and optimization
- Understanding of corporate accounting processes
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to all levels of staff and management in the global Finance organization
- Proven ability to reason logically, identify necessary inquiry, and draw well-reasoned conclusions
- Advanced Excel skills for use in analysis, reporting, and data management
- Strong interpersonal skills able to build excellent working relationships with Finance management, internal auditors, and SOX PMO team members
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with minimum supervision
- 8+ years experience in a financial audit or accounting process-oriented role
- Experience working in the accounting, audit or compliance departments of a large public company, preferably with SOX compliance responsibility
- Experience communicating with finance management at various levels
- Participation in implementation or application control reviews of large-scale financial systems such as Oracle or SAP highly desirable
ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) / Chartered Accountant (CA) designation preferred
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision – Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it’s downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking – where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work—their life’s work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it’s an opportunity to help change the world...
Juniper Networks is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Juniper Networks - 2 years ago
Juniper Networks has blossomed in a landscape dominated by Cisco. The company designs and sells network infrastructure equipment used to...