Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
The System Manager is the Customer’s primary point of contact within Motorola. The System Manager acts as communications consultant and manager of contracted services. The System Manager serves as the primary liaison who will work closely with the Customer, Systems Support Center, Dispatch Operations, Product Groups, the Factory, System Engineering, System Integration, the Field Service Organization, the Service Support Network, third party contractors, and the local servicer
The System Manager is responsible for insuring the Terms and Conditions of the warranty/maintenance contact are met. This may include but not limited to: System Administration Service, Inventory Management Service, Configuration Management Service, Site Management Service, User Support Service, Vendor Management, Operational Assessment, and System Planning Service. Coordinate service activities and ensure compliance to contract. The system manager insures compliance with response/restoration time commitment. Remotely diagnose system failure and facilitate call management as applicable. Manage Emergency Service efforts and escalation procedures.
Provide analysis, recommendations and fault diagnostic information to the customer to achieve Best-in-Class system performance and utilization.
5+ Years experience as an Electronics Technician, system technologist, system manager, systems technician, or field service technician
• Experience with current Motorola Solutions systems and technology such as P25, SmartZone, SmartNet, LMR are preferred.
• Good working knowledge of communications systems with the ability to interface with the Customer's technical people and provide (directly or indirectly) appropriate technical support.
• Strong working knowledge of Motorola radio systems and their application by customers.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, and communication skills, both orally and written.
• Ability to lead a team while aggressively working across Motorola Solutions organizations to proactively solves customer problems.
Basic knowledge of Radio Frequency
Basic knowledge of IP networking technology
advanced knowledge of Motorola Land Mobile Radio systems (SmartNet, SmartZone, P25, etc)