Job Duties & Responsibilities
Through our comprehensive, classroom and field training program, you'll learn the ins and outs of automobile damage to prepare you to help our customers after an accident. We will equip you with the latest technology in computer estimating software and the tools you'll need to do your job.
As an Auto Damage Adjuster, you will:
GEICO offers a competitive starting salary of $42,000 (salary non-negotiable).
- Interact with customers on a daily basis
- Inspect and determine claim related damage
- Examine damage to vehicle and prepare repair cost estimate that is precise and fair
- Negotiate equitable settlements with repair facilities
- Explain repair estimate information to the customer
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair-cost estimates and recommendations
- Issue payment for repairs
- Provide the highest level of customer service
- Be the first line of defense in fraud detection
TRAINING: You will spend 12 consecutive weeks of fully paid training starting with 3 weeks in SAN DIEGO, CA, then traveling to our facility in McLEAN, VA for 4 weeks before returning for the last 5 weeks back in SAN DIEGO, CA.
based personal computer
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelor's degree preferred
- Good driving record
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills, and must be proficient on a Windows
- Ability to work independently
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules
- Energetic and confident with an outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Mechanical aptitude
At GEICO, the opportunity for advancement is outstanding! We invest in our associates through training and development to help them reach their career goals and personal aspirations. Our associates average 2 promotions within the first 3 years.
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete our online application. You will need an active e-mail address, phone number, and we request at least 5 years of employment history. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to come back later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings may vary for part-time associates and interns.
GEICO - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...