Bayer HealthCare (BHC) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches. Our Specialty Pharmaceutical business ranks among the top 10 specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our global research and development is focused in five distinct areas: Diagnostic Imaging, Hematology/Cardiology, Oncology, Specialized Therapeutics, and Women†s Healthcare. As a specialty pharmaceuticals company, we at Bayer HealthCare focus our efforts where we can have the most impact. Our Diabetes Care division is one of the largest self-test diagnostic businesses in the world, supporting customers in 100 countries. Our Consumer Care business is a top competitor in many important product categories including analgesics, cough and cold, and nutritionals. More than 3,000 employees support 14 manufacturing sites in 11 countries dedicated to ensuring the delivery of a secure, high-quality, cost-effective supply of our products around the world. Our Animal Health business in North America is dedicated to making the world a better place for our veterinary customers, their clients, and the animals well all hold dear. Research and Development Bayer Benefits
We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide Diabetes Care leadership and expertise in the practice and application of analytical chemistry to foster new product development and troubleshooting manufactured product. This position is in the Analytical Research Laboratory of Diabetes Care R&D, which provides analytical services for multiple Diabetes Care sites to support R&D, QA and Manufacturing.
- Provide Diabetes Care leadership and expertise in the practice and application of analytical Chemistry, Mass Spectrometry, LC/MS and GC/MS to foster new product development and troubleshooting of manufactured product.
- Design and direct chemical, biochemical and materials analysis using state-of-the-art instrumentation and data analysis to foster new product development and troubleshooting of manufactured products.
- Interact with management, program managers and scientists at all levels
- Work with Diabetes Care sites to address their analytical Chemistry, Mass Spectroscopy and Chromatography development and analysis needs
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Interact with external partners and suppliers in product development and product troubleshooting as required.
- Serve as an in-house expert in the areas of his/her expertise related to product development and research directions. Responsible for providing creative and realistic solutions to technical challenges in his/her area of expertise.
- Implement and comply with all regulatory, intellectual property and HES requirements in his/her daily work.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with a minimum 2 years of proven experience and accomplishments, Master†s degree with a minimum 4 years of proven experience and accomplishments, or Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years of proven experience and accomplishments.
- The incumbent must have 6+ years† hands-on experience with mass spectroscopy solving technical problems to support project development and troubleshooting finished product.
- The incumbent must demonstrate expert technical skills and mastery of scientific and research principles, especially in the area of Mass Spectroscopy and instrumental analysis.
- Technical leadership skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills as well as the ability to work on a team.
- Must possess the ability to train others and be able to manage multiple priorities of both a technical and non-technical nature.
- Candidates that also possess graduate training in Organic Chemistry and hands-on experience with NMR instrumentation are highly desired.
- PhD with 6+ years' experience, MS with 6+ years' experience, BS with 8+ years' experience.
- A strong hands-on background in Mass Spectrometry, LC/MS and GC/MS.
- Experience and working knowledge of GLP/cGMP .
Bayerjobs.com - 22 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...