Plant Engineering Services LLC, a Fluor company, is committed to providing our customers in the chemical, petrochemical and refining industries flexible solutions for their capital project and plant support needs. These solutions encompass the highest quality measures and safe practices in the industry.
Plant Engineering Services LLC, offers a full range of services, including project management, controls and estimating, process design basis development, front-end engineering and design, detailed engineering and design, procurement, and engineering support during construction.
Keeping with the Fluor tradition as a worldwide leader in engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance, Plant Engineering Services LLC seeks individuals who share our commitment to engineering excellence.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
1. Serves as Lead on assigned projects or engineering assignments of difficult complexity and develops the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work. Lead duties include but are not limited to: develops and updates job plans, supports proposal and estimate activities, develops and reviews specifications including design criteria, develops and monitors schedules, develops and monitors manpower estimate forecasts, assigns work to teams, monitors material estimates and quantities, interfaces with project disciplines/client representatives/construction, participates in equipment and material procurement activities, permitting activities and subcontracting activities
2. Performs and checks calculations, specifies equipment, and solves problems of difficult engineering complexity
3. Reviews specifications, drawings, and vendor equipment documentation from both within the discipline as well as from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements and actively seeks resolution
4. Serves as Supervising Lead providing guidance/supervision to other leads and functions as mentor to less experienced engineers
5. Monitors work done or other designated entities performing Distributed Execution Engineering
6. Directs and oversee audits
7. Ensures adherence to Industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
8. Actively participates in and promotes the use of Knowledge Community and other available resources
9. Participates in people development through mentoring, development of training material, and conducting of training seminars
10. Develops and builds client relations
11. Provides close interface with, and promotes the understanding of, other discipline functions
12. Other related duties/functions as assigned Basic Job Requirements 1. An accredited Bachelors degree, or equivalent, in Engineering, and
2. Minimum 16 years of related experience Preferred Qualifications 1. Professional Registration preferred
2. Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets.
3. The use of Discipline Specific software may be required.
Fluor Canada Ltd. - 15 months ago
From the ground up, Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest international design, engineering, and contracting firms. It...