Write original, unique material for Social Media outlets on behalf of industrial-focused companies partnered with ThomasNet. Work closely with the digital media Project Manager and SEO Analyst to develop ideas, best strategies and implementation plans. Research and write content across a variety of processes and industries to enhance the overall site experience and engage ThomasNet’s core audience - the industrial sourcing and engineering communities.
Related to Writing Content
Related to Researching & Creating Strategies Around Appropriate Content
- Write and edit original online content on a variety of topics using effective copy-writing techniques.
- Develop and maintain consistent web content and social media standards that adhere to internal style and QC guidelines.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of Social Media and SEO writing strategies.
- Research complex manufacturing and technical topics and gather information from diverse resources such as industrial, academic and standards publications for original content writing.
- Work with Project Manager to determine what best serves the client’s goals and to uncover the focus or theme of the customer’s thought leadership role in their industry.
- Partner with SEO Analyst to review the content and target important subjects, phrases, and keywords during and after content creation.
- Comfortable and confident with customer interaction, interviews, and discussions.
- 3+ years experience in writing manufacturing/industrial-focused copy, preferably on the web (e.g., social media, SEO, e-commerce, merchandising, and/or advertising)
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Social Media/SEO experience a plus
- B.A. Degree (e.g., English, Journalism, Marketing)
Thomas is the go-to information resource for industry, with expertise in industrial web development and social media. We offer our customers...