* Develop draft best practices, standard operating procedures, and policies to meet certifications such as FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act).
* Review current computing standards and policies to suggest updates and changes.
* Responsible for creation, maintenance, and publishing of company policies, procedures and technical documents (business/functional requirements, instructional materials, online help, procedural guides, product descriptions, etc.) for use by business end users.
* Responsible for reviewing, editing, and formatting instructional documents such as technical manuals and job aids for delivery online (via a documentation wiki).
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Technical writing experience and in depth knowledge of job-related software packages such as MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft SharePoint, Documentation Wikis (such as Atlassian's Confluence or MediaWiki).
Preferred Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Journalism, English, Business Administration or related field is desired. Typically requires 2-3 years of business or technical writing experience and knowledge of multiple software packages:
* Microsoft Office (required; expert level with Word)
* PDF tools (required; beginner level)
* Documentation Wiki (preferred; beginner level)
Special Skills/Licenses/Training/Certifications Necessary:
Application Deadline Date:
Additional Information for Applicants:
Position is subject to a Criminal Background Check.
Application Posting Date:
University of South Florida - 16 months ago