Apply for R&D Project Engineer / Electrical
Interested in joining an exciting career opportunity with a growing division of a very well known international medical company? We are an industry leader on a global scale of medical technology; researching, developing and manufacturing medical devices and instrument systems. Our focus is on improving drug delivery, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing diseases and cancers; along with advancing research in the above areas.
We are a leading global medical technology company that makes and sells medical devices, instrumented systems and reagents, is dedicated to improving people’s health throughout the world. Our focus is on improving drug therapy, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines.
Manages and participates in the design and development efforts of the electrical engineering team on multi-disciplinary projects to produce technically sound medical instrumentation. Participates in the project planning and ensures that schedule milestones are met. Responsible for the design and development of electrical and electronic designs required for instrumented micro and molecular biological systems. Works closely with other EE, ME, Systems and Software Engineering associates as a member of an instrument system project team. Independently evaluates and applies engineering principles to fulfill project objectives. Collects, records, reports, interprets and analyzes data, presents results to others. Design, develop, and execute electrical and embedded software subsystems with minimal supervision. Provides guidance and work assignments to engineers and technicians. May have direct management responsibilities for one or more associates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Learn & practice the BD Global Product Development System phase gate design process. Conduct project work in compliance with BD internal processes, ISO 9001 and FDA cGMP standards for the design of medical devices.
• Develop system level design input (specifications) for the electrical and electro-optical systems in instrumented products.
• Apply electrical engineering expertise to develop instrument system architecture and resolve complex issues.
• Manage and / or lead the design effort of major electrical/electro-optical subsystems.
• Directly apply expert knowledge in electronics and electro-optics to execute overall project assignments.
• Lead or participate in design reviews. Thoroughly assess the ability of proposed designs to meet specified requirements, including manufacturability and serviceability.
• Interact closely with software, systems, mechanical, and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
• Interact with Manufacturing, Medical, Regulatory, Marketing, and Field Service throughout projects providing high level technical assessments and communications to applicable business leadership.
• Plan and lead technical development activities from concept through successful commercialization within established schedules, budgets, and product cost targets.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Experienced in PCB layout, construction and test techniques.
• Experience with interfacing optical hardware (LEDs, photodiodes, laser diodes, PMTs, etc.), motion (DC & stepper motor).
• Temperature control experience; driving heaters, blowers, and TEC devices and interfacing to temperature sensors including RTDs, thermistors, and solid state devices.
• Microcontroller and DSP hardware design techniques.
• Experience with standard serial interfaces: RS232, RS422, USB, I2C, SPI
• Familiarity with PC/104, IDE, STD and PCI bus standards.
• Experience interfacing electrical control circuits with robotic and fluid handling systems is desired.
• Electrical hardware design experience with off the shelf embedded computer systems, single board computers, and their associated hardware peripherals, such as LCD touchscreens, and storage devices.
• Experienced in digital logic circuit design using micro-controllers, DSPs, CPLDs, FPGAs, etc..
• Experience in small signal analog conditioning circuitry design and the application of A/D and D/A’s.
• Embedded programming experience in Assembler, VBASIC, C, C++, and VHDL languages.
• Optical Engineering background with experience in fluorescence based detection systems is advantageous
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of seven years relevant experience, or MSEE with five years relevant experience.
• Minimum two years experience leading engineering development teams.
Great BENEFITS + Growing Div/Products using advanced devices & technologies + relocation package + attractive salary. Very low attrition...so they're doing something right!
Global Network Recruiting - 8 months ago
To really know a person IRIS International doesn't look deep into their eyes. Instead, the company manufactures automated in-vitro diag...