Responsible for providing leadership related to business intelligence (BI) and reporting services including tactical and strategic planning, and delivery of domain-specific operational and management reporting as well as cross-functional institutional reporting requiring the requirements analysis, implementation and deployment of complex BI content. Responsible for developing and executing an enterprise-wide business intelligence strategy in support of university functions and strategic goals. Content areas initially include Finance, Human Resources, Student, and Institutional Advancement; future intent is to incorporate other administrative data. Serve as an advocate for an active partnership between the enterprise reporting services /BI team and the university community.
Responsible for the overall implementation and stability of the University’s community-wide reporting and business intelligence technical infrastructure, which includes the operational data store (ODS), enterprise data warehouse (EDW), Cognos reporting tools, and vendor-provided data models and analytics packages. Manage projects and daily operations related to business intelligence activities and processes. Supervise 4 staff members who administer the operational data store, data warehouse, and reporting environments and develop data models, complex reports, dashboards and scorecards. Oversees user training and assists community with complex report writing. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or related field and at least seven years of progressively responsible experience in a complex reporting, data warehouse, business intelligence and analytics environment. An advanced degree is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated track record of progressive leadership and management in BI/ Reporting areas.
* Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver large-scale BI projects.
* Experience in managing/administering enterprise-wide operational data store and data warehouse.
* Demonstrated customer service approach and ability to understand user expectations.
* Experience managing technical activities associated with a complex or a large scale business intelligence initiative.
* Demonstrated track record with user-facing and technology facing activities.
* Experience implementing dashboards, scorecards, and analytics packages.
* Proficient in ETL, data modeling & cube development.
* Understanding of Oracle Database environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to communicate technical issues to senior level executives and non-technical users.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with all levels of management, users, and technical staff.
* Metrics driven management style.
* Understanding of project management software.
* Proficient in using Microsoft Office.
* Demonstrated experience in a BI environment using BI development tools.
* Direct experience supervising staff.
*Experience with Ellucian (formerly SunGard) Banner ODS/EDW.
*Experience with Cognos Business Intelligence Suite.
*Familiarity with Cognos Framework Manager.
*Implementation of BI in higher education.
*Experience with Banner ERP.
*Experience writing SQL.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
Use this option to quickly submit a resume
and express your interest in this position.
Temple University - 10 months ago