Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field required or relevant experience in lieu of degree with an agreement to obtain bachelor’s degree within four years of accepting the position. Five or more years of experience in Integrated Healthcare System and/or Health Information Management. Skills must include oral and written communication in groups and with individuals, facilitation and organization development. Ability to organize and direct work assignments. Computer skills and experience using Windows and other applications. Ability to identify and analyze needs, recognize problems and take effective action to resolve the issue while remaining professional. Work independently and prioritize multiple tasks. Demonstrated use of electronic transcription and/or medical record system is desirable
Primary Job Functions
Plans, supervises, conducts and coordinates the daily operations of the PH, KH, HP & RR Health Information Management (HIM) and Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) team to include the following but not limited to: process improvement analysis; scheduling/monitoring of performance to ensure quality and accuracy in record processing and completion; managing incomplete chart deficiency in accordance to PHS Policies and JCAHO/CMS requirements; constant monitoring of record processing to include, Initial Prep, Scanning and Quality Assurance/Indexing; CNM-A (PH, KH,HP RR) identification and notification of physician suspension to various personnel/departments; monitors the accuracy and integrity of deficiencies for suspension process; coordinates the retrieval, review and scheduling and/or notification of warning/suspension notifications; Responsible for analysis, planning, implementation and evaluation of Lean initiatives that promote operational and strategic opportunities throughout Health Information Management. Responsible for leading an HIM Cross-Functional team and facilitating the process to ensure project goals are met and transformation begins. Incumbent ensures compliance with applicable regulations pertaining to medical record documentation requirements. Is responsible for organizing, distributing, and prioritizing work assignments for staff. Monitors quality and quantity of work performed in support of performance level model expectations. Ensures patient confidentiality and excellent customer service standards are maintained.
records and statistics.
- Responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations for Central New Mexico (PH, KH, RR) Health Information Management & Horizon Patient Folder team to include process improvement, scheduling, training, hiring and evaluating of staff through performance evaluations.
- Provides and maintains communication, leadership and supervision with staff to ensure the team and CNM-A (PH, KH, RR) HIM department is in alignment with organizational vision, values and strategies.
- Liaison to the Director, Information Services, Finance/Patient Financial Services, all hospitals, all PMG sites, PHP, Home Health, Albuquerque Ambulance, Compliance and all ancillary departments in addressing functional Health Information Management issues.
- Develops, maintains and monitors appropriate productivity and quality standards for all PH, KH & RR Medical Records personnel.
- Develops, maintains and monitors Physician suspension log detailing all known suspension issues related to medical record completion. Recommends and implement appropriate action plans where appropriate.
- Monitors productivity and quality of work performed within the McKesson Electronic Medical Record in relation to record processing and completion. Identifies opportunities for improvement and utilizes Lean processes to initiate transformation.
- Monitors and manages staff scheduling to ensure support during hours of operation for department. Assign work activities and projects.
- Ensures compliance with CMS/JCAHO standards and regulations. Maintains and develops reports,
- Maintains, monitors and reports PH, KH & RR Health Information Management/ Horizon Patient Folder scorecard showing the number of physician suspension and record processing completion.
- Leads and/or participates in lean special projects and leverages appropriate lean tools, and assists in projects as identified or assigned by the Department Director.
- Assists with the analysis and modification of implementing new technology to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability of processes/systems throughout the Health Information Management Department.
- Assists with determining the most effective method for timely completion of lean projects and reviews with Department Director and other project leaders.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet project deadlines, and manage multiple customer relationships.
- Lead and support the entire HIM department in the pursuit of achieving the highest performance in lean assigned area for lean deployment throughout the facility.
- Utilize the principals of lean processes to radically improve efficiency, quality, and the overall performance of lean initiatives.
- Identify the critical performance issues in areas where assigned and maintain established measurable metrics for staff and floor performance.
- Improve systems and procedures to provide flexibility and eliminate waste in all material flow and productivity.
- Lead area/department to constantly improve measured performance in the ongoing pursuit of perfection.
- Be actively involved in all phases of implementation and be able to successfully lead and develop people. Delegate appropriately.
- Assist in and support the development and implementation of Lean Healthcare Systems to standardize procedures, training, performance tracking and information sharing in material management, information flow and systems production.
- Work with other areas/departments, as necessary, in their implementation project.
- Attends and participates in a variety of committees and meetings as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 2 years ago