Saint-Gobain is a leading worldwide producer of abrasives, building materials, high-performance plastics, insulation, flat glass, glass containers, piping, reinforcements and industrial ceramics. In the U.S. and Canada, Saint-Gobain employs over 24,000 people, and has approximately 200 manufacturing locations. Its total U.S. and Canada sales is $8.4 billion.
Saint-Gobain's Ceramics & Plastics Branch includes a wide variety of businesses worldwide.
Products include: electro-fused ceramics, high performance refractories, advanced ceramics, silicon carbide, specialty crystals, chemical process products and high performance plastics.
Manage and administer the affairs of various government programs and standard products within the business unit. Support business development activities related to Defense/Government Markets by leveraging the Company's product portfolio.
Dimensions: Actual Annual Quantitative data related to position
Principal End Results:
70% Program Management:
Prepare and/or support proposal efforts through management review and submittal to customer insuring consistency with current customer requirements, company directives and policies
Negotiate government and commercial contracts for responsible programs including SOW, specifications, financial terms including milestone payments, delivery performance, and other related terms and conditions
Functions as the contract officer/specialist on all responsible programs in addition to PM activities
Establish performance milestones and monitor adherence to program master schedule plans and schedules
Develop control systems and reports that accurately measure progress, identify potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken in order to meet company contract commitments
Prepare and present revenue and gross profit margin projections for all responsible programs and standard products
Establishes and directs the performance of program functional team elements such as procurement, manufacturing, quality control, engineering, materials, and administration
Acts as the primary customer contact on program status, performance and delivery while anticipating and fulfilling customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued business
Participate and/or lead in customer and management reviews
Initiate and prepare documentation for NPIP / TPIPs associated with responsible program/product development efforts
20% New Business Development: Support in the Identification and development profitable business relationships in Defense/Government markets by leveraging the Company's product portfolio.
10% Planning and budgeting support: Develop detail account and opportunity information required to support the annual strategic planning and budgeting processes
• BS in Engineering, engineering management or related science with a minimum of 5-7 years of technical experience. MBA highly preferred.
• Strong Program & Project Management experience. Formal Program Management training a strong plus.
• 3-5 years of experience in Government and Commercial contract negotiation and administration
• Expertise and significant experience in the Defense/Government market is highly desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to develop relationships with the customer base and internal stake holders is critically important.
• Demonstrated leadership ability. As this position does not have direct reports, the ability to direct and influence the organization across multiple functional departments is essential. Strong team player.
• Strong organizational and decision-making skills
• Experience in business development and account management is a strong plus.
SAINT-GOBAIN - 20 months ago