Arapahoe House is currently seeking a Clinic Assistant to join our Outpatient Services team.
This position works part-time in our Commerce City facility. The Clinic Assistant provides quality health care to patients by performing both clinical and administrative duties in the outpatient clinic environment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides drug testing services by following procedures to administer and monitor Urinalysis (UA), Breath Alcohol (BA), Antabuse and Hair Follicle testing with clients.
- Completes chain of custody documentation and records and reports results.
- Downloads and prints Urine Analysis and Patches from website, record and follow procedures for recording, reporting and faxing results.
- Collects client fees, sets fee levels, records services and prepares deposits.
- Gathers needed financial information in order to set fee scale.
- Sends fee scale information to the Finance Department for the official setting of the proper fee scale.
- Building Groups in Electronic Health Record (EHR); adding and deleting clients from groups as necessary.
- Prints counselor schedules including their group roster and the monitoring rosters.
- Performs computer data entry using electronic health record and Microsoft office product software.
- Assists in client admissions and discharges.
- Schedules and reschedules client appointments and answers inquiries.
- Performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times, including testing, admissions and discharges.
- Practices OSHA safety standards and disposes of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Answers phones
- Responds to referral inquires
- Provides potential clients with accurate information
- Forwards calls to the therapist
- Audits service recording data entry.
- Performs a variety of other clerical duties as assigned.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to Arapahoe House Code of Ethics as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Must be sensitive to the diverse cultural and situational needs of the clients in the program.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, and 6 months clerical related experience.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a high pace clinic with many changing variables on a daily basis
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with a driving record that meets agency requirements. May include working in other Metro Denver locations as vacation/sick coverage.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and to operate a copier, scanner, fax machine and signature pad. Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- Must be able to type at least 45 WPM.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- English and Spanish language proficiency preferred
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco-free environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Arapahoe House strongly promotes internal growth and promotion opportunities.
Arapahoe House is an equal opportunity employer.
Arapahoe House - 2 years ago