Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Instrumentation & Control
Job Title :
I&C Designer I
Type of Position:
New College Graduate
• Associates Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience
• Capability with 2D CAD (AutoCAD and/or Microstation)
• Familiarity of ISA symbols
• 3D Modeling
• SmartPlant Instrumentation or InTools experience
• Certificate(s) and/ or Classes in one of more of the following:
- Instrumentation and Control training
- Process Technology
- Electrical Design
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
Project Services – Our Project Services group partners with Energy & Construction operating groups to execute projects by providing top-caliber, professional personnel trained to deliver projects with efficiency and certainty; anticipating and responding to project needs; deploying—with market-driven agility—well-integrated processes, systems and tools designed to enhance project efficiency; maintaining a market-competitive cost structure; and seamlessly integrating functions into cohesive project teams. Our services include engineering, project controls, quality, procurement, construction and others.
URS Corporation is seeking an I&C Designer I to be based in our Denver, CO location.
• Under direct supervision, completes design assignments of limited complexity.
• Applies a basic level of understanding within a specific discipline.
• Familiarity with codes, permits, and software applications related to the discipline.
• Familiar with the process of preparing designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
• Basic understanding of the purpose and use of vendor documents as reference for assigned tasks.
• Can assist in performing material take-offs for the discipline.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...