The Manager’s primary function is to develop, recommend and implement the overall objectives and strategies of the group. Responsible for creating innovative integrated marketing initiatives to secure distribution, drive distributor and Viacom revenues, reinforce the value of the Viacom Media Network Brands and increase ratings.
- Assist the VP/Director in the development of the marketing plan and with proposals to meet channel and partner goals.
- Work closely with Director to drive all VMN cross-brand communications for Partner Marketing Team, including building presentations across the portfolio of brands, oversee affiliate newsletters, Viacom Affiliate website, sales collateral for meetings and events
- Act as a brand liaison and brand expert for Nickelodeon and BET Networks brands to the sales team and affiliates, while representing the Content Distribution & Marketing (CDM) POV in brand meetings.
- Create and manage marketing promotions and partnerships with a specific focus on Telco distribution partners (i.e. AT&T U-verse and Verizon FiOS) as well as smaller cable distribution providers with the express goal of driving customer acquisition
- Work across Sales, Partner Marketing groups and Viacom Media Networks (VMN) brands to identify appropriate partnerships that will be mutually beneficial to VMN and distribution partners
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with channel contacts (marketing, programming, legal, press, creative, research) to create and execute comprehensive integrated opportunities that maximize CDM and channel priorities.
- Oversee and coordinate generating awareness for distributor promotions/events including traditional, digital, social media and grassroots. Secure talent for events.
- Manage budgets associated with projects.
- Collaborate with peers to recommend multi-brand campaigns and opportunities learn and share best practices.
- Oversee and supervise the coordinator on their day to day projects. Mentor and take a personal stake in their professional development.
- Bachelor degree with 3-6 years marketing experience working with cross- functional teams.
- Background in multi-cultural marketing and/or understanding of the children’s TV landscape
- Candidate should be extremely detail-oriented, reliable and a self-starter with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Must have an understanding of the cable industry and digital television landscape
- Ability to learn quickly
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to the changing industry and organization landscape.
- Be a strategic and innovative thinker and have excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills with ability to comfortably interface across multiple levels (up to VP, SVP) and across groups
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop.
- MBA and experience in brand management and multiplatform marketing a plus.
- Creative design experience a plus.
Viacom - 22 months ago