This position is responsible for analyzing and interpreting complex medical information to support critical program activities including direct patient care, regulatory and accreditation requirements, grant applications, clinical research, publication, and teaching. This data is reported to regulatory agencies who post this information on a national website for public viewing. This position is also responsible for data collection and abstraction in Health Link, our electronic medical record. The Transplant Data Analyst working under the general direction of the Transplant Database Program Manager, is responsible for advanced level system and data projects that require extensive subject and technical expertise. The Transplant Data Analyst provides outcome and volume data, quality assurance measures, and other information utilized for budget preparation, contracting of transplant services, and provision of patient care. The Transplant Data Analyst also works with managers of other data systems for research and clinical care purposes as well as databases outside the institution, in particular reporting to the federal accreditation and regulatory agencies.
1. Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education or experience required.
2. Nursing or mid-level provider degree preferred.
3. Two years experience in health care required.
4. Nursing or mid-level provider preferred.
5. Strong analytical skills
6. Statistical and computative skills
7. Superior attention to detail
8. Ability to manage multiple tasks with ease and efficiency
9. Knowledge of medical terminology and medical records
10. Knowledge of personal computer, PC data systems, and software applications for data research and analysis
11. Good communication, problem-solving and organizational abilities
12. Ability to work independently and be result oriented
13. Capable of interacting with all levels of staff
14. Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to promote teamwork and ensure a high degree of internal and external customer satisfaction
15. Epic and Crystal Reporting experience preferred
16. Physical Requirements: Light: able to lift up to 20#
This is a Non-Represented position and falls into Pay Grade 7. The salary range begins at $48,734 per year. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
Monday through Friday between 8:00am to 5:00pm, 30 hours per week.
This position is in the "Authority Non-Rep" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Vacation (15 days) // (Pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Legal Holidays (9 days) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (12 days/year) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities (TSA)
- Employee Reimbursement Accounts (ERA)
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Tracey Glinski for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 608-265-8893.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
-More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
-Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
-Nine satellite locations .
-One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
How to Apply
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 9 months ago