Queens Assistant Store Manager
Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Store Manager
The following job description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
I. PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assist the Store Manager in sales generation, operations, and personnel functions of the store to ensure maximum profitability and compliance with Company procedures. (as directed by Store Manager.)
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strive to achieve store sales goals.
• Maintain adequate sales floor supervision.
• Take action to correct negative sales trends.
• Minimum UPT/ADT standards.
• Communicate best sellers to Store Manager.
• Monitor adherence to all corporate customer service policies.
• Implement contest to maximize sales.
• Interview / recruit a sales oriented staff.
• Assist with staff supervision.
• Implement Company training programs. Monitor staff in product knowledge, customer service and selling skills.
• Assist in supervising and motivating staff to meet goals
• Assist in the resolution of employee questions and problems.
• Maintain Company merchandising standards.
• Monitor compliance to Company dress code.
• Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization.
• Set and revise merchandise presentation as necessary.
• Assist in controlling expenses.
• Maintain operational audit score to standard.
• Enforce Company cash handling and loss prevention procedures.
• Maintain store fund and monitor deposits in accordance with Company policies.
• Enforce discount policies.
• Enforce fitting room controls.
• Assist in the inventory and maintenance of inventory records.
• Promptly and accurately complete all paperwork procedures (New Hire, Incident, Reports, etc.)
• Monitor supply levels.
• Implement Markdowns.
• Follow procedures for receiving stock, shipments, transferring merchandise and handling defectives.
• Maintain store safety standards.
• All other duties assigned.
• Supervise Assistant Managers, key holders and Sales Associates.
• Interface with District, Regional and corporate personnel (i.e. accounting, merchandising, operations and human resources)
III. POSITION DIMENSIONS
Scope, Complexity and Autonomy
• Must understand the complexities that come with running a luxury retailer
Decision-Making Authority and Judgment
Makes hiring decision, termination recommendations, payroll control and scheduling decision in the absence of the Store Manager. Makes decision to satisfy customers as needed.
• Store Manager
• Sales Associates
Principal Relationships/Key Contacts
• Director of Retail Stores
• District Manager
• Assistant Store Manager
• Human Resources
IV. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
Education and Certifications
High School Diploma. College degree preferred
Experience and Skills
• Must be 18 years or older
• At least 3 years of previous management experience in high-end apparel environment
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
True Religion Brand Jeans - 13 months ago
Who knew you could find religion just by throwing open the doors to your closet? True Religion Apparel designs and markets upscale...