****May require travel to White Marsh.
Responsible to assist physicians and other medical personnel to deliver care and provide information to patients.
• Monitors waiting room for patients who require immediate attention and informs appropriate staff.
• Assists physicians to administer medical treatments and procedures.
• Administers intravenous fluid therapy.
• Administers oral medications and intramuscular, subcutaneous and intradermal injections.
• Monitors patients for reactions to treatments and brings unusual situations to the attention of a provider.
• Documents information regarding treatment and treatment outcomes into patient records.
• Provides information to patients regarding medical procedures and tests.
• Maintains supply of medications, ensures that medications are current.
• Maintains a current narcotic count according to Kaiser Mid-Atlantic Nursing Policy.
• Calls prescriptions into pharmacy when directed by physician.
• Provides direction to medical assistants regarding patient treatment and procedures when appropriate.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
• Equivalent of one (1) year of full-time LPN experience in a clinical setting within the last five years is required (for external hires only).
• Equivalent of one (1) year of full-time LPN experience in a clinical setting within the last five years or completion of an employer-sponsored LPN training program is required (for internal transfers only).
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Successful completion of an accredited school program for Licensed Practical Nursing.
• Current License in the appropriate jurisdiction as a Licensed Practical Nurse required.
• Current CPR certification required.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...