The Programmer Analyst II’s role is to develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst II will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
While some management oversight may be expected for specific projects, this position is expected to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of the following duties:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Provide system administration for a Linux based parallel computing cluster.
- Ensure the maintenance and security of the computer system.
- Install departmental parallel computing cluster system software with the assistance of the TTU High Performance Computing Center.
- Work with faculty, staff, and students in facilitating the installation and use of applications for scientific and research computing.
- Complete other programming tasks as assigned in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Plan and organize on occasional projects effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in computer science, MIS , IT, or other related area plus one (1) year related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal five (5) years.
For HSC Only : Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
For TTU Only : Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
M.S. or B.S. degree in a physical science or engineering field with experience in scientific computing. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in scientific computing.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
Hourly Pay Range
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard