TOYS"R"US EXPRESS - STORE SUPERVISOR
General Description/Primary Purpose
The Express Store Supervisor will report directly to the Express Store Team Leader and will be responsible for all aspects of the operation in the Store Team Leader's absence.
Description of duties and task essential job functions
- Evaluate associate's performance and coach them on performance-related problems and on their general development. (N/A)
- Provide training to associates on a one-to-one basis on Guest service, Product knowledge, Merchandising, selling skills, safe merchandising techniques and use of equipment.
- Motivate associates, foster teamwork and champion change when it occurs.
- Cultivate and role model best selling and service practices. Actively engage guests at all times and ensure associates are doing the same.
- Drive sales though activities such as guest engagement, product demonstrations, and suggestion selling in order to maximize the value of each guest visit.
- Ensures proper merchandising and signage of all sales floor areas, at all times.
- Supervises unloading of all trucks and flow of merchandise to sales floor or storage as appropriate.
- Preserve Company assets by controlling shrink, labor costs & risk exposure
- Ensure proper opening and closing of location according to store scheduled hours, including store recover and activating/deactivating the location alarm (if applicable)
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for through the proper handling of all cash, receipts, and reports. Ensure that night deposit is made in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all fixtures are in good repair and are set properly per fixture plan.
- Act as a role model of appropriate loss prevention/risk management behavior and ensure associates are effectively trained in these areas.
- Execute all initiatives per Company SOP
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Adapt and Learn
- Champion/manage Change
- Self Development
- Demonstrate adaptability
Drive for Results
- Foster open communication
- Build relationships
Focus on Guest
- Drive execution
- Lead courageously
- Provide superior levels of guest engagement
- Use Sound judgment
- Apply Technical/functional expertise
- Coach & develop people
- Leverage individual and cultural diversity
- Inspire Trust
- Create a positive workplace environment
- Exceptional leadership, communication & training skills
- Ability to handle/prioritize multiple projects
- Able to identify others' strengths & assign work accordingly
- Passion for Guest Service
- Product knowledge
- Results ownership
- Organization knowledge - know the business. Use technical/functional expertise.
- Commitment to delivering the promises we make in our Mission Statement
Aventura, FL EXP
2747 NE 193rd St
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping...