Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Construction Manager- Guam
Parsons is one of the world’s largest transportation planning, engineering, and construction firms. We have an extensive portfolio of diverse transportation projects including rail and transit, road and highway, bridge and tunnel, and aviation infrastructure. Parsons expertise encompasses all phases of transportation engineering operations - from the initial planning stage through final design, construction, and commissioning. Parsons has the people and power to move the world.
PARSONS is seeking a
to support our Road and Highway group in Guam. The selected candidate must have proven knowledge of FHWA construction policy and procedures, as well as extensive experience managing and overseeing the construction of major highway improvement projects. The candidate will have the responsibility for generating new sales from current and existing clients, and capturing market shares in the pursuit of construction management services for major highway improvement projects.
The Construction Manager will work on behalf of Parsons and the client with responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Acts as the representative of Parsons with the client, subcontractors and suppliers during the project execution. Represents the client in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings.
- Responsible for assembling a multi-disciplined team of individuals whose qualifications and transportation experience are commensurate with the expertise required to accomplish the assigned construction management tasks. Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project.
- Oversees establishment of the Construction Management Plan, Site Specific Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
– The selected candidate will have experience in and will be expected to supervise inspection on assigned projects. This CM will work with and manage a group of Resident Engineers in this effort.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and procure items necessary for the operation of the field office. Establish procedures for the administration of all field vehicles and equipment; maintain necessary status logs and reports.
- Supervise the work subcontractors. Coordinates the drafting of requisitions, subcontract scopes of work, amendments, and task orders. Review and approve subcontractor safety plans and quality control plans. Ensure the subcontract files are maintained with current insurance certificates and correspondence. Monitor subcontractor expenses versus budget.
- Prepare draft amendments. Ensure the prime contract file is maintained current with insurance certificates and correspondence. Prepares and negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors. Works to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work; advises the client and company management of any such changes. The Construction Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Supervise the preparation of the client's monthly construction progress report and the client's contract status report. Prepare WBS, budgets and forecasts. Prepare monthly safety self assessment.
- Supervise development of the monthly Parsons invoices; review for accuracy. Review and approve subcontractor invoices. Prepare quarterly construction management reports and coordinate meetings.
- Establish the QA/QC Plan including development of the inspection & test plan. Supervise setup and accreditation of the on-site materials testing laboratory.
- Establish safety and emergency procedures. Inspect the construction site weekly with the contractor's safety representative.
4-year degree in Civil Engineering or a construction management. Masters Degree preferable.
A minimum of 20 years of construction management experience and at least 15 years overseeing and managing the construction of major capital improvement projects, contract value of at least $100M+.
Experience on Roadway/Highway design build project is a PLUS but not required. Incumbent must have experience and thorough knowledge and practice of FHWA construction policy & procedures.
Prior agency experience is needed.
Registered Professional Civil Engineer license in the United States is required and ability to obtain a GUAM PE.
PARSONS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; Employee Stock Ownership Plan and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,000 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 4,500 projects in 50 states and 26 countries. These dedicated workers speak 89 languages collectively, and hold more than 10,300 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done
Parsons Corporation - 17 months ago
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...