Terremark Worldwide is a leading global provider of IT infrastructure services delivered on the industry's most robust and advanced operations platform. Leveraging purpose-built datacenters in the United States, Europe and Latin America and access to massive and diverse network connectivity from more than 160 global carriers, Terremark delivers government, enterprise and Web 2.0 customers a comprehensive suite of managed solutions including managed hosting, colocation, network and security services.
We are looking for a Network Operations Specialist/Systems Administrator to join our team in Miami, FL.
- Architecting, implementing, deploying and maintaining applications and systems
- Monitoring the health of production systems and responding to SLA-impacting events or failures.
- Analyzing events and determining if the events warrant further investigation. Gathering additional information to support their determination. Analysis also extends to off-hours Incident Response from time to time.
- Continually keep up to date on host and network security trends
Requirements and Core Competencies
- BS or Technical Associates Degree required
- 5+ years of professional experience in systems and network administration
- 3+ years of Operating System Administration and/or Security on a combination of systems such as: Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu), Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008,Mac OSX
- Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals such as: TCP/IP
- In depth knowledge of network "plumbing" such as: Fiber Optics, Network Taps, SPAN aggregation
- Working knowledge of Information Security concepts
- Certifications are a plus: SANS-GSEC, SANS-GIAC, SANS-GCIH, CISSP
What's in it for You?
- Be part of a fun and collaborative work environment where individual initiative is rewarded and encouraged.
- Join a leading company who transforms and secures enterprise-class IT on a global scale.
- Offering competitive compensation and benefits for your expertise.
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? If so, we want to hear from you right away! Apply online or give us a call at 512.394.7156.
HigherTech - 16 months ago
HigherTech delivers high performing results because of the unique skill sets of our partners and staff. We maintain a high level of...