If you are interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company that encourages professional advancement, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then Cobham may be right for you.
Cobham is an international company engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading edge aerospace and defense technology and systems.
Cobham's products and services have been at the heart of sophisticated military and civil systems for more than 75 years, keeping people safe, improving communications, and enhancing the capability of land, sea, air and space platforms.
The Company has three divisions employing more than 12,000 people on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenue of some $4+ Billion.
Due to recent contract awards, Cobham Mission Systems in Davenport Iowa has many positions available.Mechanical Engineer - Life Support Products
Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work in a dynamic team environment developing life support products in the commercial and military aviation market.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in small to medium integrated product development teams.
- Design and analyze valves and other complex mechanical assemblies.
- Design and analyze packaging for electronics systems for harsh environmental conditions.
- Work within team to develop models to predict or verify component or system characteristics.
- Work closely with suppliers on component and sub-system development.
- Interface with customers as part of development team programs.
- Provide innovative ideas for improvements to existing products.
- Participate in ideation for new products and technologies.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers.
- Design products and product improvements in Pro/E, or by working with Designers using Pro/E.
- Provide technical expertise to support manufacturing, Field Support Engineers, and customers.
- Evaluate suitability of current products for new applications; work with team to develop bids and proposals for new, modified, or upgraded products.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Biomedical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Proficient with creation and interpretation of mechanical drawings, and electrical/pneumatic schematics.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively along with conducting and evaluating root cause/corrective action analyses.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to think and work independently and to participate effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with Pro-E.
- Skilled in writing test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Experience with MS Project and Visio.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Education assistance
- Flex hours
- 15 paid holidays
- Fitness Center
- Business casual dress and more.
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...