About Ogallala Community Hospital
Ogallala Community Hospital combines tradition and technology in the charming small town of Ogallala, Neb. Our 18-bed facility is at the heart of a well-integrated, total care system from primary care to specialty care and is committed to meeting the health care needs of western Nebraska. Serving a patient population from newborns through geriatric patients, we operate a very busy outpatient clinic as well as a specialty clinic with a variety of visiting specialists, including cardiology, urology, OB/GYN, podiatry, ENT and ophthalmology. Our commitment to compassionate, innovative patient care is evidenced in our receiving the Recognition of Quality Award from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska in 2007, 2008 and 2009. We also provide a uniquely rewarding lifestyle for healthcare professionals. In fact, we are located just a few miles from the shore of beautiful Lake McConaughy, Nebraska's largest body of water. With more than 100 miles of shoreline and white sand beaches you’ll enjoy recreational opportunities for all seasons.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position provides for effective operation of Quality Mgmt Services for the business entity(ies) as assigned. This position manages significant clinical event investigations, peer review, decision support, coordination of regulatory and accreditation compliance and surveys (Joint Commission, DHS, CMS), patient safety, process improvement, and all other required quality related activities. All work processed by the incumbent is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
- Analyzes incidents, sentinel events, and risk outcomes with administrators, physicians, clinical leaders, and staff to identify improvement opportunities utilizing quantitative techniques and knowledge of health care operations and systems thinking. Obtains and uses literature, best practice, and benchmark data whenever possible.
- Manages significant clinical event and root cause analysis, including peer review, process improvement, tracking and reporting of processes, policies and procedures. Eliminates sources of error: identify causes of variation, develop and implement systems and processes to facilitate effective clinical practice and error reduction.
- Ensures and supports integration and standardization of process across the organization. Supports/Leads in development, implementation, and migration of best practices for safe clinical practice and outcomes at the system or business level. Ensures state of the art data systems and accurate and reliable data acquisition, including analysis and inter-rater reliability of data to support clinical and administrative decision making.
- Establishes and oversees the development and implementation of short- and long-range goals and objectives and determines the optimal progression to obtain these goals. Reviews, analyses, and reports of various activities to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives. This position supports the development and achievement of department budgets in conjunction with these goals and in accordance with company standards.
- Serves as a content expert for designing and providing formal and informal training for physicians, clinical leaders, staff, and other constituencies related to healthcare quality and patient safety. Provides advice and counsel for leadership at all levels of the organization.
- Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations.
- Provides leadership to assure compliance with federal and state regulatory programs and accreditation requirements, as well as established organizational policies and procedures. Serves as a liaison with stakeholders in other functions to communicate and coordinate on issues of mutual interest.
- In some settings, may provide oversight for Infection Prevention and/or Employee Health, Patient Relations programs. Responsibilities may include managing the employee health services for all healthcare care workers; developing and executing adult immunization programs, education, exposure management, screening and surveillance; maintaining confidential employee health records and environmental exposure records; providing pre-placement health evaluations for new employees and ongoing counseling and education; managing the worker's compensation program including filing claims, maintaining regulatory records and managing the modified duty return to work program. Triaging facility Patient Relations issues.
Requires Master’s degree in healthcare related field or experience consistent with Master's degree.
Must have a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years experience in patient safety/quality management. Requires at least 2 years management experience or demonstrated leadership abilities through successful large scale projects.
Must possess demonstrated flexibility in responding to the needs of multiple constituencies with a service-oriented philosophy. Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate interdisciplinary teams. Must also possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management, conflict resolution and oral/written presentation. Requires ability to balance and manage multiple projects.
Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality. In settings where the incumbent will also have accountability for Infection Prevention and/or Employee Health, RN preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 11 months ago