Job Title Senior Server Admin - Linux
Relevant Experience & Experience Required
(in Yrs) 7 – 9 Years of experience in relevant technologies
Key words to search in resume 1. Linux (SuSe) 2. AIX
Technical/Functional Skills -MUST HAVE SKILLS 1. Linux (SuSe)
2. 2. AIX
3. 3. IBM Power Hardware
4. 4. VMware and blade server’s technologies.
5. Red Hat Linux
Roles & Responsibilities Respond to and resolve server and operating system issues assigned through the ticketing system
• Identify technical environment issues and implement solutions to mitigate problems.
• Perform routine proactive server maintenance activities including firmware upgrades, patching etc.
• Research and test recurring problems, determine anomalies within supported software applications
• Update and create technical product trouble-shooting documentation
• Assists with input on small scale server projects
• Analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design and installation of new and existing computer systems.
• Identify complex technical environment issues and implement permanent resolutions to mitigate problems.
• Perform advanced proactive server maintenance activities including HP blade chassis maintenance, cluster/high availability maintenance etc.
• Optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary.
• Develop processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
• Build servers based on the designs developed by working closely with the project team to gather and interpret specifications for Server Hardware and Software.
• Serves as an expert within a technical area and educates others on technical issues.
• applies proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
• Work closely with project management, technical services and support group, external vendor partners, and the client to ensure a smooth implementation and transition of the servers and related products
Start date (dd-mmm-yy) 21-Nov-13 (or earlier)
Duration of assignment (in Months) 12-18 Months
Work Location (State, City and Zip) Columbus (Dublin), OH 43016
Enterprise Solutions Inc - 9 months ago
Verint Systems helps business take an honest look at structured and unstructured data. The company provides analytic software for capturing...