Job Title Senior Server Admin - Linux
Relevant Experience & Experience Required
(in Yrs) 7 – 9 Years of experience in relevant technologies
Key words to search in resume 1. Linux (SuSe) 2. AIX
Technical/Functional Skills -MUST HAVE SKILLS 1. Linux (SuSe)
2. 2. AIX
3. 3. IBM Power Hardware
4. 4. VMware and blade server’s technologies.
5. Red Hat Linux
Roles & Responsibilities Respond to and resolve server and operating system issues assigned through the ticketing system
• Identify technical environment issues and implement solutions to mitigate problems.
• Perform routine proactive server maintenance activities including firmware upgrades, patching etc.
• Research and test recurring problems, determine anomalies within supported software applications
• Update and create technical product trouble-shooting documentation
• Assists with input on small scale server projects
• Analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design and installation of new and existing computer systems.
• Identify complex technical environment issues and implement permanent resolutions to mitigate problems.
• Perform advanced proactive server maintenance activities including HP blade chassis maintenance, cluster/high availability maintenance etc.
• Optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary.
• Develop processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
• Build servers based on the designs developed by working closely with the project team to gather and interpret specifications for Server Hardware and Software.
• Serves as an expert within a technical area and educates others on technical issues.
• applies proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
• Work closely with project management, technical services and support group, external vendor partners, and the client to ensure a smooth implementation and transition of the servers and related products
Start date (dd-mmm-yy) 21-Nov-13 (or earlier)
Duration of assignment (in Months) 12-18 Months
Work Location (State, City and Zip) Columbus (Dublin), OH 43016
Verint Systems helps business take an honest look at structured and unstructured data. The company provides analytic software for capturing...