For market researchers, marketers and agencies seeking a deeper understanding of consumer opinion and behaviour, Lightspeed Research digitally accesses highly qualified panellists whenever, wherever and in whatever segments needed. The company’s thorough panellist pre-screening process and large global respondent pool delivers business-ready results fast and cost-effectively.
From proprietary online access panels to specialty panels, custom panels and innovative mobile surveys, Lightspeed Research offers the industry’s most complete and highest-quality online research. This is backed by an expert client operations team that provides a range of data collection services, from sample management and survey design to programming and reporting.
Through advanced research technologies, proven methodologies and market research expertise, Lightspeed Research meets the industry’s demand for deeper quantitative and richer qualitative data in a single, trusted partner.
Through proprietary global panels and research products and services, Lightspeed Research delivers valuable data to help businesses make informed decisions.
We have significantly grown since we were incorporated in May 2000. Our progress presents new and exciting opportunities - requiring creativity, new technologies, thought leadership, and operational excellence.
Lightspeed Research is part of the Kantar Group, one of the world's largest research, insight and consultancy networks and the research arm of WPP - the world leader in communications services. We have offices around the globe offering a wide range of career opportunities.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Development Engineer in our Northwood, OH location, who will analyze, design and build complex Java based applications. This individual will be responsible for providing design, development, and development level testing estimates. The successful candidate should be able to breakdown a complex project assignment into multiple stand-alone deliverables. The Senior Development Engineer should have experience in designing and building resiliency into software deliverables. The Senior Development Engineer will need to apply analytical and problem solving skills to provide applications that will maximize benefits to the business.
* Provide properly built Java Object Oriented components in a multi-layer enterprise environment.
* Responsible for writing test plans and executing development level application testing.
* Often will need to lead and direct small development teams.
* Will be required when necessary to interact with non-development technical resources as well as other non-technical resources in terms of software application design and function.
* Must provide a high level of ownership and responsibility for designed and implemented application components as well as support when required.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study,
* 3+ year's previous Java Software Development Engineering experience
* Enterprise level Java architecture and practices
* Familiar with Web Services architecture
* Familiar with Agile development process
* Software development estimation
* Design and build resiliency in software deliverables
* Understand and be able to apply application level run-time and performance monitoring
* Experience with software modeling techniques
* High Volume Web Site Architecture
* JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP)
* Oracle Database Environment
* Cloud Computing
Job required skills:
Java, Agile, Oracle
United States, Northwood, Ohio
Kantar Careers - 18 months ago