The Regional Director will manage sales and business development activities within an assigned territory of regional responsibility. This individual is responsible for acquiring profitable new customer relationships through effective discovery of key customer business issues and the sale of DDC solutions that increase the customer’s digital marketing effectiveness using a phone based calling plan.
The goal of this position is to drive service led solution sales by establishing trusted advisory role relationships within all levels of the dealer customer’s management team. This position focuses on understanding the dealer sales needs, marketing strategies, and business requirements in order to effectively recommend appropriate solutions, close sales and meet assigned quotas. This role also focuses on achieving revenue goals; forecasting accurately on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly schedule; developing a pipeline of opportunities; creating territory development plans; and meeting assigned business objectives.
This role will team with Digital Advisors, Dealer Service Consultants, Process Optimization Managers, Marketing and Sales Operations to produce results.
The Regional Director’s revenue generation efforts will require excellent telephone sales and communication skills. This individual will reach business targets through the initiation of prospect calls, creation of sales prospects, processing of marketing leads, and establishment of business rapport with prospective dealer customers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Achieve assigned productivity goals and meet minimal sales performance standards (QUOTA), maintain organizational standards for managing dealer contact and consulting activity, and adhere to our corporate values in all business activity.
· Complete weekly pre-call research activity (Call Plan) at assigned activity levels and log acquired business intelligence into SFA database. Follow the prescribed DDC sales process to manage optimal results.
· At the beginning of each month, complete a forecast for each month’s productivity and update at the beginning of each business week and review with your Sales Director. Forecast accuracy is expected to be within 5% plus or minus actual end of month results.
· Provide reports as directed.
Accountable for accurate and timely reporting of daily, weekly and monthly sales planning activities.
Know and understand sales pipeline protocol and sales stage definitions as provided by Director, Dealer Services. Be prepared to discuss your current pipeline and advanced opportunity meeting results in detail daily.
· Create and deliver sales proposals that adhere to the standard terms and conditions of DDC sales agreements and which have been accepted and approved by the DDC contract analyst team and sales management.
· Build and maintain positive business relationships with internal team members and customer management team members at assigned dealer accounts via on site meetings, telephone calls, and email.
· Proactively engage with the dealer customer to build and sustain deep business relationships and attain trusted advisor status through organized and efficient phone based call scheduling.
· Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect email inquiries and phone calls and convert them into sales.
· Identify decision makers, near term client business issues, pain points and challenges, about which DDC can improve, enhance, or remedy the situation.
· Prepare comprehensive Call Plans (including clients key business issues) describing how DDC solutions align with the clients digital marketing strategies. Ensure understanding of customer need serves as the basis for all sales proposals.
· Collaborate cross-functionally (Digital Advisors, Marketing, Product Management, Process Optimization, & Dealer Services Consulting, Billing & Finance teams) to build credibility and earn client trust and confidence. Articulate dealer business trends and potential DDC solution needs back to necessary business units.
· Structure sales and negotiate terms within the boundaries of DDC pricing philosophy and policy.
· Where and when necessary support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits and other events.
· Identify and escalate client issues and concerns which you believe require senior management level intervention to the Director, Regional Sales or Human Resources.
Add value by proactively identifying business opportunities for the dealer client, conveying a firm understanding of the dealer’s business drivers, display executive presence by building rapport and credibility, effectively influence the prospective dealer customer to discover the value of a solution; clearly connecting solutions to dealer business issues.
Consulting and Partnering:
Helping the dealer customer to understand their business needs, offering advice and solutions, and operating from a position of expertise balanced with a collaborative communication style.
Strategic Business Planning:
Demonstrating significant knowledge of DDC and the retail automotive industry, develop strategies for creating customer value leveraging DDC’s core strengths and platform capabilities.
Business & Financial Acumen:
Understanding of the basic business drivers of retail automotive dealership operations and how they relate to client’s perceived key business issues.
High Impact Communication:
Clearly and succinctly conveying ideas and information to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that enables clients to see new possibilities and drives action.
Dealer.com - 23 months ago
Dealer.com, a Dealertrack Technologies Solution, provides an integrated platform of Inventory, Advertising, Website and CRM products which...