Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of
ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With nearly 150 years of experience
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 142,000 employees
in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at
The Category Manager is responsible for the strategic marketing in Animal Nutrition focused on the pork category in Premix & Nutrition and Feed & Nutrition business units, which the business units collectively operate across 36 countries and serve customers in over 100 countries.
This role contributes to the global animal nutrition team. The responsibility includes leading key projects, analyzing & developing marketing plans, conducting competitor analysis, and providing new ideas, concepts and approaches to help our commercial teams meet the needs of our customers. The market opportunities are diverse across the two business units, including the target customers, offerings, and capabilities. The Category Manager provides the marketing expertise for the pork business in Animal Nutrition.
50% Analysis, Planning & Strategy:
This position will play a key role in assisting with the global pork strategy, by translating the strategy into commercial value. A key focus will be placed on the ‘how to win?’ of strategic marketing plans for the business by developing offerings and/or capabilities required to serve target customer segment(s) by the business, as a part of the overall portfolio. Additional support on industry trends, customer needs, competitive landscape, and business information will be essential for long-term success with our Premix & Nutrition and Feed & Nutrition businesses
30% Implementing and Measuring:
This position will lead the change management of marketing projects that translate the strategy into actions for long-term business success. These projects will require leading diverse teams, managing projects, delivering requirements, and enabling change defined for the portfolio and strategy, which may require working with an external supplier. The projects will require an assessment of business effectiveness by using organizational and analytical skills to establish success criteria, metrics and tracking systems.
Collaborate with other marketing leaders within Animal Nutrition at the business level and across Cargill. This includes building relationships, influencing colleagues, establishing a proven track record in the business, drafting best practices, introducing new approaches, and providing the ‘voice of the customer.'
5% Personal development
- Bachelor’s degree in an animal science/nutrition, marketing, or related discipline
- Minimum 10+ years of business experience, which includes at least 5-7 years in strategic marketing
- Excellent strategic marketing, decision-making and project management skill
- Travel up to 30-35% across international locations where animal nutrition conducts business
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in go-to-market, including leading projects, managing resources, preparing introductions, and measuring results
- Experience in leading high-performance project teams, including setting priorities, meeting timelines, and creating value
- Experience with finances, including managing budgets and business decision metrics
- Experience building relationships and managing multidisciplinary teams
- Understands how to develop and bring creative innovation to market
- Proven performance that demonstrates being a self-starter, with a sense-of-urgency, and embraces an entrepreneurial approach
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate, influence and lead change
- Demonstrated ability to be able to lead change without direct reports, and be convincing when dealing with local business regions in order to ensure commitment from the organization and the regions.
- Organization skills, being accountable with multiple projects that require resources, balance priorities, manage timelines, and deliver results
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Post graduate degree in business management
- Experience in animal nutrition business or knowledge, preferably in pigs
- International work experience
- Experience with a strong customer focus
- Language skills fluent in Chinese or Spanish
- Cargill Marketing Academy experience
Cargill - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...