Business Analyst Specialist (Compliance)
Job ID #: 92498
Location: NJ-Berkeley Heights
Functional Area: Operations
Company: 10104 - Lexington Insurance Company
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Required: 6-9 years
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the Brokerage Compliance department.
As a Business Analyst Specialist in the Brokerage Compliance department, you will be part of the team that provides compliance and operational oversight for the surplus lines agencies. Your responsibilities will include ensuring quality standards, reporting, process flow analysis, procedural documentation and training. You will also be responsible for the on-going maintenance and development of our agency filing system.
This role reports to the Vice President, Compliance and works closely with Underwriting staff, Accounting and state agencies.
• Quality check policies and endorsements to ensure they meet corporate and state requirements.
• Proactively escalate and resolve issues and late filings with Underwriting and Operations.
• Create required state reports and filings utilizing the agency filing system.
• Coordinate payment of taxes and fees with accounting.
• Resolve issues identified by state stamping office or department of insurance.
• Respond to state inquiries and participate in preparation of audits (internal and external).
• Assist in the research, development and maintenance of :
o Guidelines for filing surplus lines taxes and fees by state
o Training documentation and operating procedures to ensure standardization
o Audit plans
o Workflow and process analysis
o Licensing requirements
• Support the on-going development of the agency filing system:
o Business and functional requirements for systems development
o User support
o Test case development
o User acceptance testing
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• 6-9 years of experience as a business analyst in a team environment
• Six Sigma Black Belt or PMP preferred
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university
• Strong attention to detail
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills as well as demonstrated organizational skills
• Ability to work professionally and effectively with all levels of staff
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Strong prioritization skills, flexibility and ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
• Ability to operate independently and collaboratively
• Ability to work in a fluid environment, that is fast paced and rapidly evolving
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint
• SQL is an additional plus
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...