The Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for supervising the accounts payable team and all related departmental activities. Providing guidance for adhering to corporate policy, establishing practices and ensure vendor payments are within contract terms so that MasTec North America can take advantage of cash discounts, rebates, and timely customer billing on direct orders. Additional responsibilities include:
- Monitor all accounts payable processes, identify problems, decide on corrective course of action, and follow through to complete resolution.
- Analyze monthly accounts payable reports including accrued purchase order and vendor return receipts and initiate required actions to resolve outstanding issues.
- Reconcile rebate receivable and other deferred charges; process journal entries related to accounts payable; prepare various accounts payable reports for distribution.
- Analyze monthly accounts payable reports including accrued receipts, vendor returns and vendor statements.
- Ensure that all direct reports are aware of relative company policies, analyze, reassign job duties and responsibilities according to the needs of the department continually encourage staff development and workplace safely.
- Monitor the timely processing of vendor invoices and credits (payments are made within agreed upon terms).
- Respond to vendor inquires and request for information to analyze and/or correct standard average cost via a cost change, journal entry, etc.
- Aid in the resolution of vendor invoice discrepancies when staff has exhausted all normal sources of resolution.
- Requires a BS degree in accounting
- Must possess a minimum of 5-7 years of practical and supervisory experience is desired (accounts payable, accounting) Oracle 11i or r12 Super User experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Detailed orientated
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
MasTec Network Solutions provides turn-key installation services to the wireless industry in designing, supplying, and supporting technology...