The General Maintenance Technician must have a mechanical aptitude
and ability to diagnose and perform tire and automotive service work.
The General Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repair and
maintenance of customer vehicles while providing a high level of
customer service. Hands on experience with lube, oil, filter, brakes,
preventative maintenance fluid flushes, transmission & alignment is
required. The General Maintenance Technician must complete all other
duties as assigned.
- One year of experience or more in mechanical/automotive repair-related work.
- Hands on experience with lube,oil, filter, brakes, preventative maintenance fluid flushes, transmission & alignment is required.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certificaiton in the A Series of Automobile and Light Truck Certification Tests is desired.
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Automotive courses in high school or automotive trade insitute preferred
- Valid driver's license and the ability to drive company and customer vehicles is required
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, associates and management
- Must be reliable and able to work a flexible schedule depending on business needs
- General understanding of under the hood, mechanical and under carriage assemblies
- Must have experience using a standard/metric wrench and socket set, screwdrivers, hammer, impact gun and sockets, prybar, alignment toe hooks, air hammer, tape measure, vise grips, torque bits, wheel bearing socket set, 12 volt test light, and oil filter tools to perform the duties of the GMT position
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, grip, handle, lift/ carry up to 60 pounds, and push/pull up to 60 pounds up to 2/3 of the work day
- Must also have the ability to lift / carry over 60 pounds and push/pull over 60 pounds up to 1/3 of the work day
Goodyear Tire & Rubber
- 2 years ago - save job