Utilize knowledge of material costs and footwear construction to propose innovative solutions to improve cost and margin. Responsible for developing cost information and scenarios to provide analysis to the Category team (Product Management, Product Development) and the Costing organization to contribute to continuous gross margin improvement and Design/Develop to cost initiatives. Responsible for monitoring development cost information and calendar to ensure timely analysis of development costs.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+
BA/BS in business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5+ years in a manufacturing or product development environment. 3+ years of
footwear experience required.
Must possess analytical skills which lead to decision-making and
problem-solving. Must be willing to seek out information.
Must have the ability to quickly assess and resolve situations with an
appropriate sense of urgency.
Must have strong written/verbal communication (especially across cultures and
Must be able to effectively prioritize workloads, work cross-functionally
within the company.
Must be flexible with multiple tasks and work independently with minimal
Experience in data analysis and strong computer skills are required.
Possess a desire to learn and also demonstrate a spirit of service to both
internal customers and the surrounding community.
1. Utilize knowledge of material costs and footwear construction to propose innovative solutions to improve cost and margin. Work with categories to manage and achieve category margin targets by season. Utilize early pattern efficiency analysis as needed to present cost-saving alternatives.
2. Provide and perform scenario analysis regarding materials, component, technology, productivity, etc. to enable improved decision-making by product teams. Support new initiatives by a) providing expertise on cost detail, including landing assumptions, b) conducting cost research projects to help determine course of action. Provide seasonal analysis of increases/decreases on product cost to ensure departmental understanding.
3. Manage development pre-costing and proto costing to anticipate and resolve concerns.
4. Liaise with regional costing partners to a) set priority for cost analysis b) communicate needs of internal Footwear Product Development customers, and c) resolve costing issues
5. Support cross functional costing requirements by providing: expertise on sourcing scenarios, analysis prior to setting financial standards and updated landed cost information as needed.
6. Ensure footwear component costing is transparent and accurate through pre-season partnership with Materials and Product Development
7. Manage cost-pertinent information (Excel cost sheets, Access database, PLM, for example) to ensure internal customers have access to latest data to make informed design, development and pricing decisions. Analyze development costing information to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies. Maintain communication records to assure smooth work flow, timely approvals and problem resolution.
The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion sense of...