Entergy Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. We own and operate power plants, and are the second-largest nuclear generator in the United States. This position will be located at our Echelon One Building in Jackson, MS.
Req # 109428
Salary: $75,000 - $112,000 per year
Duties & Responsibilities:
I. Provides competencies in one or more of these areas (but not limited to these areas)
a. Administrative, planning, and procedural expertise to develop, maintain or
4. standardized fleet emergency planning policies, procedures and
5. external (NEI /NRC) and internal performance indicators.
6. INPO emergency planning performance measures.
7. determinations of program effectiveness (10 CFR 50.54(q)).
8. assigned fleet corrective actions.
9. human performance measures and coaching.
10. change management plans.
11. audits, assessments and benchmarks.
b. Nuclear plant expertise relative to Emergency Planning to develop, maintain or train:
1. emergency plan drill scenarios (plant response).
2. emergency operating procedures.
3. simulator operation.
4. severe accident management plans and procedures.
5. emergency action levels (EALs).
6. public information fluency of plant events.
c. Radiological expertise relative to Emergency Planning to develop, maintain or train:
1. emergency dose calculation methods.
2. effluent monitors.
3. respiratory requirements.
4. emergency plan drill scenarios (radiological response).
5. radiological instrumentation for emergency response.
6. public information fluency of radiological significance.
d. Infrastructure and technology expertise relative to Emergency Planning to
develop, maintain or train:
1. alert notifications systems methodologies.
2. emergency facilities.
3. voice/data pathways (phones, VOIP, network, cell phones, pagers, etc).
4. call center and notification center operations (Code Red, etc).
5. emergency generators.
6. HVAC and HEPA systems.
7. Communication & notification protocols (WebEOC, notification
8. Web pages.
e. Offsite coordination expertise relative to Emergency Planning to develop,
maintain or train:
1. Evacuation Travel Times Estimates.
2. alert notification system reports to conform with FEMA-REP-10.
3. public education and training materials to conform with NUREG 0654.
4. offsite plans (state, local, hospital, fire, etc).
5. public media and information dissemination.
6. off site extent of play.
II. Supervise the development, installation, implementation, fiscal responsibility,
and inspection of fleet wide emergency planning projects or changes.
III. Supervise employees, loaned staff, and contractors conducting fleet wide
emergency planning projects or changes.
IV. Maintains awareness of federal regulations, guidance, and directives (NRC,
FEMA, EPA, HHS, DHS, etc) that have generic implications for fleet
emergency planning activities and brings these to the attention of Emergency
V. Serves as member of assigned industry meetings and working groups.
VI. Serves as emergency response organization member as assigned.
VII. Serves as a ¿client manager¿ for one or more of the fleet nuclear plants to
ensure handling of project requirements and requests and assists site
emergency planning organizations during exercise, inspections, audits, etc.
VIII. Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Sr. Mgr, Emergency Planning Projects
broadly associated with power plant operations or equivalent experience.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Physical Science, BA Degree, or other discipline
Health Physics, - Chemistry, Operations and Maintenance, Environmental Protection, Communications, Information Technology, Business / Financial Services.
- 5 or more years experience in nuclear power activities such as but not limited to
various professional meetings.
- Proficiency with typical office tools such as the MS Office suite.
- This position will involve travel among fleet sites, other licensee sites, and to
- Ability to monitor project work in all locations as needed including in emergency facilities, in plant, in the field, at siren and meteorological tower locations (bucket truck able) and others as determined by the manager.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company.
Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Apply online at:
Click on job postings and enter Job Requisition Number #109428
Entergy offers excellent benefits including relocation, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid vacation, holidays and more. Entergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ENGINEERING.com - 3 years ago
Entergy New Orleans lights up the path for the unsteady, libation-influenced patrons of Bourbon Street and others in the Crescent City. The...